"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, October 1, 2012

When Inspirations turns to Perspiration!





 Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.  ~Judy Garland

I have always been a dreamer. I love daydreaming, pretending and even dressing up.
I think of people when I run or when I work out and that helps motivate me.
I think he was speaking to Me As I decided to karate kick myself into the O.R.!
When I tore my ACL a few years back I thought I was Jackie Chan and threw a front kick 5 feet in the air. Kinda dumb.
I seem to get carried away.

And Sunday at church I had another hit with reality. I was singing like Celine Dion, I thought.  Even though I can't sing very well "I sure am sounding like the Angels this morning!" I thought to myself.  In my glory singing with confidence I looked to my right.  Still singing praise I saw "Jill" standing next to me with her finger in her ear!! I reigned in my voice that was loud and proud.

Last year when I tried to qualify for ING NYC I saw Ryan Halls' feet moving not my own. I pretended to be long and lean and swallowed down my pain like a Olympian.  
Yeah, that failure was a reminder I am FAR FAR from a "Ryan Hall" or any other Olympian!




I am no Ryan Hall!!




It is not that I do not like who I am. I do. (Most of the time.)  But I am inspired by others. I see traits in people that I admire and am encouraged by those.
We should always be trying to raise the bar. After all, Most of us are given a new day. A day to start fresh, a day to start new, and a day to start all over.
Gods Word is my Encourager, my Motivator and my Inspiration, his word is the ultimate bar raiser.

 “Always be joyful.  Never stop praying.  Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rundown
Distance: 11.01
Pace:8:36
Time:1:35
I took my run slow, I have my long run Wednesday. I have been doing my long runs in the middle of the week because the weekends are so messed up. I work every Saturday and Sundays are mixed with races and social events.
To prepare myself for Wednesdays long run I wanted to go slow and run flat. I made sure I stretched and rolled prior to my run real well.
Post run I drank some cherry juice with 3 Ibuprofen and Juice Plus. I quickly headed out to picked up the boys with my ice pack for my knees and some water in my hands.
Eating  mostly whole foods to help my body heal well was my first priority.  Apple, peppers, almonds and lots of water. The nutrients in "Real Food" are what helps heal our body from hard runs and work outs.

WHO inspires YOU? Who do you think of for Encouragement and Motivation?? Who are your role models?


Anita




No comments:

Post a Comment