"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Keep It Simple Thursday: Weakness to Warrior



"Kelli" and I have been reading through the bible since the beginning of January. It is fun to have someone to hold you accountable and to learn with.
We are currently in Judges. We are learning about a Gideon.

When we Question our Circumstances.
Judges 6:12 When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.”
13 “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?’ But now the Lord has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian.”

I believe there is a Warrior in all of us. But there is a spirit of Fear and Inadequacy that quenches our capabilities. 
I have been where Gideon was. I have sat at the foot of the Oak tree in distress feeling like the whole world was caving in on me and I was alone, abandoned. 
But even under the Oak Tree, The Lord came to him. 
Gideon was hiding in oppression under the Oak tree.  He was so discouraged and disheartened he actually didn't even trust God. 

There are so many moments we have sat under that same Oak tree. We hide underneath it discouraged and feeling forgotten by God and others. We are even afraid to come out from under our coverings, our hide out, our safe place because we are afraid people will attack us or hurt us. We question not only "Why" would God let this happen but at times "Is there even a God?" 
In our hurt we loose His Truth. 
But He NEVER leaves us. 
"Go with the STRENGTH you have.." 
God gave us strength to Conquer our enemies. But we were not designed to do it alone. When we rely on HIM he will equip us with the tools we need to come out from our hardships, our fears, our inadequacies, our insecurities and all the things we Battle with that holds us hostage. 

For the last couple weeks I have been warring with myself. I have been under the Oak tree. I haven't left the house a whole lot except for than running. There are some things that I have battled with that has  beaten me up. 
After reading this week it is a good reminder to come out from under my Oak Tree. There are moments like Gideon I feel weak and insignificant. I feel so worn down by continuous circumstances that I loose hope. But God never looses Hope in me. God has supplied us with Strength. The strength of a Warrior Like Gideon. 

 "Some of the greatest battles will be fought within the silent chambers of your own soul."
Ezra Taft Benson

The RUNDOWN
Distance: 6.82 miles
Pace: Who Knows...I ran to Andys mom and dads, there I ran my mouth for about 30 minutes, and then I ran back home.
Time about 1 hour minus the chill out with parents.

Anita


  

No comments:

Post a Comment