"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Home again Home Again


Skinny jeans+running shoes= DORK!
That last day of vacation is always bittersweet. I look forward to heading back and seeing my boys but I also want to play just a little bit longer. I want to cram one more thing or two in before I have to come home to responsibility and life on life's terms.

I slept in till 8 am. It sounds better than it was because I didn't sleep well again. We decided to pack up and head to a park a few miles away after a little souvenir shopping in Mackinaw City.
Just a bit scared!
Andy kept asking what I wanted and I honestly couldn't think of anything I really wanted. I wanted to buy gifts for other people. I wanted to get mom and dad something for watching the boys and every shop I went into I saw something someone would like. I found myself with bags of goodies with little things for everyone else and that was more fun to me.
Before my scared moment!

We went to this Discovery Park where we went zip lining and hiking. So fun. The fall colors were in peak so we were able to enjoy the beauty of Michigan at its finest.

It was a 4 hour trip home in rain and sleet but very little traffic.
I enjoyed reading last months Runners World and read some great articles. The dog attack article was aweful especially because I am so fearful of dogs.
I felt motivated and encouraged yet immobile after reading through the magazine. 


Typically I run on Sundays but not today.
Today we hiked 3 miles but no running.
We drove over 200 miles but no running.


No running for me but I did run yesterday which is usually a off day and  I am Tapering!! Justification.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Heading to bed.
I am heading to the hospital in the morning. My father in law fell last week and messed his shoulder up pretty bad. He is having surgery at 11am and I want to go down to the hospital  with them.
It is sad when you see your parents getting older. It seems like it just happens over night.

Enough of my ramblings:
Night all, Happy running!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment