"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Good to the Last Chomp!


Let the "Taper" begin!!
22 miles, 3000 calories burned, 8.5 toe nails left and 17 days till the Detroit Free Press Marathon.

Stay calm, stay calm.
I am pretty excited though, I LOVE the Detroit Half but decided to go all the way for the first time this year. I was all talk till Andy took the initiative and signed me up right before it closed. NO backing out now, especially after over a 100$ registration was spent!

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it."
Henry Ford

Over 3 hours of running. Good Grief there wasn't much left to think about. I prayed, I dreamed, I argued with myself and  I fixed the world in between calculating the rest of my day!

All in a days run. MY LAST LONG RUN...did I mention that??

The behind the scenes in a 22 miler:
PRERUN

Breakfast: Coffee, W/W English muffin with Peanut butter, Apple slice and Banana.
Took water with CHIA seeds on my 9:30am run
Had 2 chomps, so I added 6 Juice Plus chewable

POST RUN:

ICE pack both knees
More water
Cherry juice
Lunch- Toasted Turkey sandwich w/ avocado, lettuce, w/ Laughing Cow Garlic herb spread on Whole Wheat., Sliced apples and Peppers.
Dinner- Fajita seasoned chicken breast, Colorful Southwestern Salad and corn (Alec LOVES corn)
Snack: POPCORN..whole bag.

FAVORITE person...WHO are YOU...It is a reader.....
I was talking to "Joann" My rep for Juice Plus. She donated JP to all the runners at Run For A Remedy. I was taking a minute to say thank you for her generosity and she shares a story with me. She tells me that she was speaking to a man who says he "Reads this blog and the girl in it uses JUICE Plus." She put the facts together and responds.."That sounds like Anita." 
Who ever you are if you are reading this YOU are my favorite person this week!
Love to hear from you and your feedback on my rantings. 

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 22.01
Pace: 9.01
Time: 3:18

2 Corinthians 10:5
"We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.."

~Anita



2 comments:

  1. I guess I need to try chia seeds. A coworker raves about their health benefits. What's this Juice Plus? I'm intrigued. Although I doubt I'll give up my FRS.
    And isn't it glorious how God make it seem like a "small world"? It's His powerful network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish,
    Whats FRS??

    I have been using Juice plus for quite a bit. It is NOT a supplement it is REAL Food. Supplements do not absorb properly in the body and often get flushed down the drain. Juice Plus actually has a NUTRITIONAL Guide! Not a supplement guide.
    Many Olympians and Ultra Athletes use it.

    http://www.joannupcottjuiceplus.com/

    They have a program if you have kids that if you fill out A survey your kids get the chews for FREE for one year!

    I use the Protein mix also and LOVE it.

    AND it is a small world. Sometimes it is scary who is watching you, but it is great too, almost like constant accountability!
    Keeps you on your toes that's for sure.

    Great to hear feedback, Anita

    ReplyDelete