"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Keep It Simple Thursday: "Careful Thought"

Let your eyes look straight ahead;
    fix your gaze directly before you.
Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
    and be steadfast in all your ways.
Proverbs 5:25-26

It does not take much to get me side tracked. I am a very focused and driven person but I also have enough airhead in me to keep me on my toes. 
I get very focused on the BIG PICTURE. When I set goals I set out to achieve them, I am designed to conquer and win. I put all my eggs in that basket and that is where things often turn sour. 
Take a Race. If I have set a goal time for a race I work so hard at achieving it so hard that I often forget to pick a place to meet my family or forget to bring my Ipod or some tool I use on the way. The GOAL overtakes all logical thinking. 
Another example would be when I am running. I am often so focused on the run, my time, my pace and my pain that I forget where I am at. I just go into auto pilot. I have been asked several times while I was running for directions and often give the wrong directions! 
In running or in life it is important to look straight ahead and try not to get side tracked. Most people don't even set goals because they are afraid they will FAIL.

But giving "CAREFUL THOUGHT"..Now this is where is gets tricky. 
Danielle and I ran together today at Indian Springs. This was the farthest she has ran and the best she has felt doing it. I was so excited to be running along side her. We ran each mile at a time. We gave each mile that "careful thought." As we approached the mile marker I would ask Danielle how she felt and if she wanted to walk. She would access her running and make a decision from there. Honestly I was feeling tired and sluggish but as I looked forward to her goal I began to be energized by Danielle accomplishing it. 
All smiles as we finished Danielle reviewed her last few weeks of training and discouragement. Like me Danielle to will look straight ahead looking at the goal but then she explained couldn't understand why she was not getting better. Now she took some time and realized that she focused so hard that she did NOT give "CAREFUL THOUGHT" to her recovery. She had been discouraged thinking more was better and this was not allowing her body to heal properly to take her running to the next level.
These verses work HAND in HAND. 
We can focus so hard on the goal that all the important ingredients to help you achieve it can get forgotten or neglected. 
There has to be the ingredients of wisdom, patience, acceptance and discipline to help the end product come out good.

What Part of this verse are YOU Good at and Which part part do you struggle with? 
Do you get distracted easy? Do you make emotional decisions or do you give careful thought to your choices?
 
RUNDOWN:
Distance: 8
Pace: 9:06
Time:1:12
Comments. My Garmin wouldn't turn on. It actually felt good not to have it attached to my wrist. Danielle and I saw a deer on the trail, pretty cool she looked right at us and trotted on her way! It was a brisk morning but it was absolutely beautiful!

5 Ways to hide Spinach in the Food: 
  1. Spinach in your scrambles eggs
  2. Spinach in your marinara sauce
  3. Spinach in your rice dishes
  4. Spinach in your smoothies
  5. Spinach in your burgers


DETROIT is in 10 DAYS!!!!!
 
ANITA!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooooooo excited for the Free Press. They have pics of the medals on their facebook site. See you at the start line!

    ReplyDelete