"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, September 30, 2012

I want the chocolate cake JUST like YOU!


I get this said to me a lot "Anita, you don't have to worry about your weight." or "You don't know what it is like to be heavy."

Yes, both of those are true.

But do they know the amount of pain I put my body and mind through every week? It is work, it is pain and it is sweat.
I do not run to be SKINNY.
I run because I love it.
I run because it keeps me strong and healthy.
I run because God gave me a body to RUN.

I don't run because it is easy. It hurts me just like it hurts you. But I run through the pain and find my passion drives.
LIKE any goal in life it usually does not come easy. But if you want success you have to dig you heals in. You have to accept that you are going to hurt, you are going to be discouraged, you are going to have to sacrifice and you are going to have to stay committed to YOURSELF.

I am no different than YOU. I want that piece of Chocolate Cake! I want that Peanut butter smoothie, I want that bag of chips or greasy burger and fries.
I ran by "Wendys" last week at lunch time and started salivating when I smelled the fries and bacon and burgers. The aroma was thick across Grange Hall road and I was so tempted.

It sometimes just kills me to not eat it. And there are other times I allow myself to EAT it. It is a treat NOT a habit.

For those who struggle with their weight and look at me like I do not understand...
I don't struggle with my weight because I want YOU to understand I DO the work. I do the sacrifice. I know what has to get done and how hard it is to do.

I am here to love and support you. But I can't do the work for you. I have my own work I have to do, my own demons to battle and my own burdens to bear.
It is not easy for me either though.

The Pain and Power in HILLS. 
"Go, GO, Get UP, GET UP, GET UP THE Freaking HILL."  I yelled out loud to myself. My lungs were heaving, gasping for air, my abdomen was tight and cramping up and I wanted so bad to quit.
It hurt so bad and I was only half way up and still had 2 miles of hills to do.
Failure was not an option.
Pain was the indicator I needed to feel in order to push myself to the next level.
And so I Ran to it, I Ran though it and I Ran past it.

ACCORDING TO RUNNERS WORLD: WHEN TO SEE THE DR:
  1. Your pain is asymmetrical: When you have pain on one side of your body but not the other.
  2. When pain persists more that 72 hours.
  3. Your pain hurts when you are not running.
  4. Your pain is sharp and limited to one small spot.
  5. Your pain is getting worse.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 5.01
Pace: 7:39
Time: 38 min

"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."
Jim Rohn

I hope I did not offend anyone. That was not my intention. My intention was to show that what you see outwardly may be someone skinny. But that is not the person I am. That is just a RESULT of what I stand for, believe in and am passionate about. Running. Being skinny is just a bi-product of sacrifice, sweat and tears, I am not hung up on my outward appearance. 
Please see me heart. Believe in YOURSELF. Set goals to achieve. 
Sacrifice, Commit, Persevere. 

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment