"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

When your heart races and you havent even ran!

 

I really had a hard time pulling myself from out of the covers. 6:30am came and went. Andy woke up and left and there I still lay. I was on the edge of the bed with 2 boys cuddled up against me. I was trying to gain some sleep back from the night.
I woke up about 2:30am and did not fall back to sleep till after 4:30am. I was bright eyed and bushy tailed and so was Sheba. She must have sensed that I was awake as she put her face right up against mine. I had my phone and could see those big brown eyes wanting me to get up. She reached her paw unto the bed and started scratching my arm. Sheba was not going to take "No" for an answer and after all I was awake.
After taking Sheba outside, playing "Words with Friends and checking Facebook I still was not sleepy. But I was now annoyed.

 Psalms 4:8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

I tried to shut everything down and just "fall asleep". But my mind was racing. I had all these thoughts, ideas, visions circulating in my little brain. I could feel myself getting excited over some of the visions and concerned over other ideas.  In the middle of the madness I realized my blood was pumping, my body was tense and my heart was doing loop-d-loops.
I needed to clear my mind. I needed to think about something boring, something to calm me down. Whatever I decided to think about did the trick because the last time I looked at the clock it was 4:30 am.
And now it was 6:45 and I was the last one out of the bed! Even the boys were more responsible than me this morning.
I got to my run around 1pm. I was behind the gun because I lost my Ipod. It is amazing how fast I can tear a room apart. I had a brain fart after 15 minutes of looking for the thing and found it right where I had put it....where it did NOT belong!
I looked back at my bedroom after my discovery and I found myself in a tornado. I had emptied out our suitcase all over the floor, I emptied my "Gadget box", my jewelry box and miscellaneous items lay scattered all over. "Oops!"  On a good note, I was able to clean out our suitcase from our weekend getaway.

My heart was beating like I had already ran 5 miles by the time I realized I was running behind for my run. After cleaning up the mess I headed out the door.
I thought 15 miles sounded good this morning. But then 13 miles sounded good in the afternoon. But as I walked out of the house a realistic 10 miler was the smarter choice. My marathon is in 11 days. I will need one more double digit this weekend. My miles should be around 32 miles for the week.
I ran at a moderate pace in nasty weather. The sky was spitting at me for over an hour. The wind was crisp and angry. It was not a pretty day for a run but  thank goodness for a good Ipod play list to keep the feet moving.

Rundown:
Distance:10.01
Time: 8:17
Pace: 1:23
Comments: I had a lot of "WAVERS" while I was running. I chuckled during my run thinking "I like a 5 finger wave better than getting a 1 finger flip off"!

FOOD LOG:
AM: Coffee, dry WW raisin English muffin, banana, hard boiled egg
noon: Piece of Halloween candy, Baby bell (before run)
Turkey, sliced red peppers, sliced apples (after run)
Dinner: vermicelli rice with broccoli, green beans, Spinach Parmesan Chicken breasts.
Dessert: Homemade lemon meringue pie...Thanks MOM!

Special Congrats to:
"Heather B" She Ran Her FIRST Marathon this past weekend, The Chicago Marathon! And she raised money for World vision doing it! Great JOB!!!!
"Ken K" He was BEAST at the Chicago Marathon. He Pr-ed and did a SUB 3 HOUR marathon with a time of 2:58!! 
"Tiffany C" She ran her first 5k at Disney, so Proud of her!!!
"Krissy D" Our cousin ran the Color Run, totally wished I could have ran it with her!

RUNNERS WORLD poll: Age when you ran your first marathon:
25 and younger-30%
26-35-38%
36-45-22%
46 and older-10%

"The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit."

Anita 

No comments:

Post a Comment