|The Blue Birds In memory of Wallace Smith||Memorial day.|
It is Memorial Day. In loving memory of my husbands Paw Paw. This post is in honor of him and the service he performed for our country. Wallace Smith got a Purple Heart in WW11@ where he was a POW.
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!
You may wonder why I have a picture of a Blue Bird...Well everytime my husbands mother sees a Blue Bird it represents her "daddy". It represents memories of him, thoughts and comfort to her. He enjoyed the outdoors, and was especially fond of the Blue Bird.
" I can already tell mama it is going to be a good day." Alec says to me at 7:30 am! "Yeah mama. The birds are already chirping."
It is going to be a good day! It has all the potential one could ask for already by 7:30am. Just the aesthetics outside makes this day more than eligible. It is the first day of 5 days NO RAIN!
What is going to make this a good day as my 8 year old said?
The simple things we take for granted..
- The birds chirping
- My sons optimism
- Feeling the breeze entering the bedroom window
- Running outside...This did not come from me...LOL..My SON gave me this!!! I see a future runner!
We may or may not go to the little local parade in town later. It will still be a good day.
We have a birthday party this afternoon at some dear friends of ours.I will take great joy in watching my kids laughing and carrying on.
RUN...let us not forget we have to get out RUN ON! Somehow, Some way, and Somewhere we will navigate that in there for the cherry on top.
It is early. but this day has lot of potential. It has room for error and more room for recovery.
I have my French Press coffee seeping so off I go the start of my day perfectly awakened.
WHAT MAKES YOUR DAY A GREAT DAY?!!
- Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D'Angelo
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. ~Joseph Campbell
- Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill
- Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures. ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr