".......It seem as the last 2 months have cast a shadow over the previous 10 months. I can hardly remember the "happy" events or the obstacles I often write about that you and I have conquered over the last 12 months....
It really sucks, I know that we had to overcome some obstacles and I know we had some huge happy memories last year. I know we had challenges: we had changes and the usual moments that I have reflected on in previous Christmas letters. But, damn it Nita, I cannot seem to bring them to memory. The only thing I can reflect on tonight as I type and as I reflect is how hard it had been to see you go through this."
And just like that 10 months of victories, triumphs, laughter, challenges and ultimately a incredible year can get destroyed, devastated and diminished by the loss of a loved one. The loss of Ariel, my dear niece, the niece I took to like my daughter.
Looking back at 2012 as a RUNNER this is what my training looked like:
MILES I logged in 2012: 1800 miles
Most miles logged in a month: 204 miles- May
Races I ran in 2012:
13 Races (2 were bandit runs)
- March: Pot O Gold 4 miler; 29:08
- April: Big House Big Heart 10K 44:25
- May: Angels Place Race: 10k 1:01:05/ BAYSHORE Marathon 26.2 3:30:52
- June: Dexter Ann Arbor 1/2 Marathon 1:43:10
- July: Warrior Dash 5k 37:37
- August: Milford Memories 10K 45:43/ Crim Race 10Mile 1:15:26 / Down and Dirty 10k 100:2
- September: Fall Colors 10K 42:45 Glitz 5k 26:02
- October :Detroit Free Press Marathon 26.2 3:37:51
- November: Howell Fantasy 5k 27:16
- To get up with Andy every morning and see him off to work- ACCOMPLISHED!
- Continue to Reading through the old testament -ACCOMPLISHED
- To enjoy running again. To do new Races and Fun Races
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah29:11-13New Years Resolutions for 2013:
- Get more responsible: Less procrastinating
- Continue with last years goals underachieved and achieved.
- Work on speed a little more.
- More cross training
Great thing are RE DO'S!! I try not to focus on the goals underachieved rather recognize that I have another year and I am grateful for the opportunity to try again!!
Today Danielle and I chatted about our goals for 2013 on our run through Fenton. Somewhere in the midst of getting lost, running through peoples backyards and jumping fences we shared our goals. We laughed so hard as we got lost through a neighborhood and could not figure out how to get on the right side of the highway. (Trying not to pee my pants from laughing so hard or fall and "break something" we had to climb a fence to another fence and jump over into the Target parking lot.) We not only had individual goals we also have goals that could be accomplished even easier with one another.
I look forward to trying to help Danielle with hers and I am so thankful to have her next to me to help encourage me with mine.
After running our 7 miles I headed to get the boys some bagels at Tim Hortons. With a breath of fresh air in my lungs I thought how I could bring in the New Year. My run had me already on cloud nine so as I was going through the drive thru I got the idea to buy the girls coffee behind me. It was a great idea till the bill came to almost 5 dollars! Well I couldn't back out so I just gave the worker my card and a smile. Happy New Year.
Goals you can set for 2013 for Running:
- Speed..get faster, PR
- Run a race in a different state
- Increase your Miles..Select a goal in miles
- Run your first 5k, 10k, half marathon, or Marathon
Do You set Goals? or do you not believe in them? Why?
DID YOU accomplish LAST years GOALS??? Nina, Maria, Linda...all those who shared with me last year???
PLEASE SHARE: There is power in sharing. It makes the "Idea" gravitate to a Verbalized Goal. Do not be afraid, Do not be shy. Share. I accomplished some Goals and some I did not. But I tried. And Again this year I will try Again.
Thank you for the prayers. Today was a little better of a day. I was thankful for great company today. "Ali" and "Sarah" my niece came over. It was so nice. I have not really wanted to be around people and their company was like medicine to me heart. We watched a goofy movie (Pitch Perfect) and found ourselves cheese balling!