"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, January 20, 2013

DESIRE!

 Proverbs 13:19 "A desire fulfilled is sweet to the soul,"

10 miles was the Goal today.
I came out of church at 10 am encouraged and motivate. A word was spoke several times:
DESIRE
Desire: is a sense of longing for a person or object or hoping for an outcome.To long or hope for. 
WISH *WANT *CRAVE* LONG FOR* HUNGER FOR*

"Desire: the starting point of all achievement." Napoleoon Hill 

Talent is great. And some are given a Gift. But most don't exercise their gift because they do not have the crucial element that juices it....HEART...DESIRE.

  • Desire is what turns the ordinary into extraordinary.
  • Desire is what burns inside you to be more than a Conqueror.
  • Desire is the Fight, the drive churning in your very core..The Heart.
  • Desire is running your own race. 

Desire is qualifying for the Boston Marathon on your first try in 90 degree weather. It was deeply woven in my veins. It was beating down the the voices of defeat and discouragement.
Desire is not going back to "The old woman " I once was. Changing my habits, my thoughts and my surroundings at all cost. Dying to Myself.

Desire is seeing yourself Victorious before you are. Tasting it, smelling it, believing it...Owning it. 
  
Desire will make you do things You NEVER thought you could. Desire will take you places you never thought you could go. 
BUT DESIRE can be as much your COMPANION as it can be your ENEMY.

Check your heart
What are your Desires? Are they PURE?
  
Behind Enemy Lines
My plan was to get 10 miles in. 7 miles on the treadmill and 3 miles on the track. 7 miles is about all I thought I could handle without having a melt down from boredom on the Dreadmill. and 3 miles is about all I thought I could count without loosing track going around the track. 
"Behind Enemy Lines was playing on my treadmill. Although I had no sound I was following it rather well. I was quickly sucked in. very soon my 7 miles turned to 8 miles and next thing I knew my movie was finishing and I was at 10 miles! 
And ONE thing was certain...I WAS NOT BEHIND ENEMY LINES!! 
I just heard one word: DESIRE

Rundown
Distance: 11
Pace: 8:32
Time:1:32 
Record time..10 minutes in th COLD PLUNGE!!
 
POWER SNACKS Before a RUN!
  • Oranges, WHOLE.
  • Small Smoothie
  • Peanut butter Sandwich
  • Banana 
  • Bowl of Cereal
 DESIRE.. There are many areas in my life I have DESIRE. I Desire to Lead a Godly Life. I have a Desire to encourage and love on young people, Andy open our house up every Sunday to about 20-25 Junior high kids. This Evening was incredible. Laughing, crying, teaching and listening to them is a special treat. I am very grateful for the hearts of the leaders who also come out every SUNDAY. Together we have a desire for these children to know and Love Christ. 

WHAT do YOU DESIRE??

Anita  


No comments:

Post a Comment