"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fun food FINDS!

I look like a city worker!

Every Thursday for almost 2 years I have ran 8 miles and mostly at Indian Springs with my running partners. So it is like woven in me that is my 8 miler.
Rain, snow, cold or warm you just RUN.

So when they called for bad weather I just accepted that I was going to have a tough run. I accepted that I was probably going to be miserable and love it. I was most likely going to be running into horrific winds and be blasted by snow flurries the size of grapefruits...ok mild exaggeration! but you get the point.
WHAT I didn't accept was a trap door. I never even knew that NOT running was an option. Not running on Thursday would be like not breathing. It had to happen.
That's my training mode.
Just Do it..I stole that from NIKE!

It took 10 minutes to get dressed and prepared to run this morning. I looked forward to seeing "Danielle". Being miserable is more desirable with company!
I had my 4 warmest  layers on. Everything was so tight though. It all clung and stuck to me making me really just want to get out there and run. I felt like a 5 year old pulling and tugging trying to get comfortable.
All dressed the kids and I got into the truck and headed to school.
Funny how things work....
  • "Danielle" text me and said her little guy forgot his music instrument, she was running 10 minutes late.
  •  So at the last minute I decided to take Sheba with me and then bring her back home because I had a few minutes to kill..
  • Had I not taken Sheba I wouldn't have seen Austin forgot his lunch when I arrived home.
  • Had I not taken Austin his lunch I would have been half way to Indian springs when Danielle cancelled!
The snow storm hit Howell way before us. Running is great but it is not worth driving is terrible conditions.
 My first thought was "Maybe I should go to the gym."
And then I thought "WHAT? You are all dressed and ready to go. You are prepared for a bad weather run."
And that is exactly what I did. Surprisingly it was not that bad at all. The elements had a few minutes of heavy snow and wind gusts but nothing like I was prepared for.  I even wore my bright yellow reflector vest.
I just took it easy. I ran hard when opportunity was available but I ran with caution when the visibility was bad or the path was slick.

After running my 8 miles I didn't have time to change. I told my girlfriend "Lisa" I would stop over after my run for coffee.
We only had an hour but it was fun. Somehow we got on the conversation about food.
"Lisa" said her biggest enemy was MCDONALDS 32oz Fountain coke.
I can not count how many people share her 1$ indulgence.
"Lisa" also said she believes it is 80% what you EAT and 20% physical exercise.

“Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again.” -Bikram Choudhury.

Here are some fun FOOD FINDS!!
.
MCDONALDS 32oz FOUNTAIN COKE: 300 CALORIES
BURGER KING BACON CHEESEBURGER: 330 CALORIES 16FAT
MCDONALDS DOUBLE CHEESEBURGER: 450 CALORIES 23FAT
WENDYS JR BACON CHEESEBURGER: 400 CALORIES 24FAT
TACO BELL CHICKEN RANCH TACO SALAD: 990 CALORIES 55FAT

MCDONALDS GRILLED CHICKEN BBQ SNACK WRAP: 250 CALORIES 8FAT
WENDYS GRILLED CHICKEN GO WRAP: 260 CALORIES 10FAT
TACO BELL CHICKEN SOFT TACO: 180 CALORIES 6 FAT


RUNDOWN:
Distance: 8:02
Pace: 8:47
Time: 1:11

Winter is the opportunity to not take our running so serious...Unless you have a spring marathon. There is a exception to every rule.
It is time to try that spin class or yoga class you have been wanting to do.
It is also time to mark out your running plans for the year.

What plans have you made for 2013? What do you like to do differently in the winter?

By changing nothing, nothing changes.” -Tony Robbins

Anita



2 comments:

  1. Oh Anita! You have no idea how happy I am as I read this! I worried about you running by yourself all day today at Indian Springs!! It is so funny how our kids basically kept us running behind and inevitably the weather caught up. I too almost ran outside when I returned home from forgotten items - I had 3 layers on (yes even me!!); but after waiting outside at the NEXT bus stop down the road to give my son his clarinet, I had NO DESIRE to go out in that wind again LOL!! I did think - I am NOT training for Boston right now - just stay safe and go inside. So I did it - jumped on the old treadmill, watched the morning shows and completed our 8 miler with you mentally by my side!! Here's to hoping next week will be better!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling you were worrying. My afternoon just got away from me. I wanted to ease you mind. It is funny how their forgetfulness worked to our advantage!
    Now I am going to really miss you by next Thursday!

    ReplyDelete