"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Under the Weather.

I hate when I can not command my body to be healthy. I hate that I think that if I take enough vitamins, drink enough water, rest, Green tea, all the stuff I should be better...BUT I'm not.
It's my body and I hate that I can not control it.
Mind over matter...NOPE.
Will health into existence...Yeah right!

More like "Suck it up Buttercup"!
Last night I took a Nyquil right from the bottle. "Yep, that felt like a good dose."
And I slept through the night which was way better than the night before where I was up till 2AM. 
I slept so hard I didn't feel my nose running, my throat aching or my head hurting..Ahh..ZZZZZZ's!

CHANGE OF PLANS:
I had my bag packed and dropped the kids off at school. I planned on running 6 miles at the gym. I also decide because I was not feeling so well I didn't want to push it so I was going to bow out of spin class.  Keep it simple and don't tax my body.
But slowly those plans started to evaporate and new plans quickly were filling in the space. I made a right turn rather than a left turn out of the school.
Change of plans: Outside run!
It was 47 degrees. I would be crazy to pass this weather up. And as I thought more and more about it it made even more sense. I could get through my run and have a whole lot more time banked then if I headed to the gym.
Extra Time sealed the deal.
As I changed my clothes my mind was tripping over itself with idea after idea.
THE PLAN:
Run about 7 miles at a moderate level.
I would run the course we are doing for the school Fundraiser. ( I am in a committee designed to put a 5k together to raise funds and for wellness)

THE RUNDOWN
Distance: 8:01
Time: 1:06
Pace: 8:13
Moderate Pace: This means being able to breath through my run. And half the problem here is I am so tired from being under the weather that it is hard to maintain my pace. Even though there was no wind I was winded! 
As I plugged my Garmin in at home I was shocked at my pace. I remember thinking "Ugh, I am so tired..."  Then as I heard myself whining I thought "Anita, pick it up, pick up those legs, MOVE" 
So some of that internal coaching must have paid off. 


Grocery List:
Went to the Grocery store today and looked like total CRAP. I was so embarrassed because I saw "Jill O" there. I had bags bigger than the ones I brought home from Krogers underneath my eyes and not a stitch of paint on the barn. (Makeup on my face)
TOP 5 Items:
  • LUNA BARS/ STINGER WAFFLES
  • ORGANIC HONEY
  • Fresh Fruit (Pomegranates, Raspberries, Blackberries,Strawberries ect)
  • RICE Milk/ Organic 1% milk (total milk bought. 3 gallons! BOYS)
  • STONEYFIELD ORGANIC YOGURT (We make a lot of smoothies)

Krogers has a newer brand of Organics it is called "Simple Truth". They have a great range in products and at a more economical price than brand name organics.

Remember you are what you eat! I am not a Organic snob. I eat both organic and non depending on budget, food item and availability.
But eat clean. Fresh fruits and vegetables, cut out as many processed foods as you can and check the LABELS. If you can not pronounce the ingredients don't eat it, That's my thought!




 Recipe

Slow Cooker Oats

Ingredients
  • 1 cup steel cut oats
  • 3 1/2 cups water
  • 1 cup peeled and chopped apple
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Recipe makes 6 servings Change Servings

Directions
  1. Place the steel cut oats, water, apple, raisins, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla extract into a slow cooker, and stir to combine and dissolve the sugar. Cover the cooker, set to Low, and allow to cook 6 to 7 hours (for firm oats) or 8 hours (for softer texture).
Nutrition
  • Calories - 208kcal - 10%
  • Carbohydrates - 37.2g - 12%
  • Cholesterol - 10mg - 3%
  • Fat - 5.6g - 9%
  • Fiber - 4.3g - 17%
  • Protein - 3.9g - 8%
  • Sodium - 35mg - 1%*
"Life is not merely being alive, but being well."
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment