"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, January 7, 2013

Stuck on Stupid.

I laid my clothes and packed my bags on Sunday night. I made my "to do list" and was prepared for Monday.
  • 8-10am meeting at school
  • 10:30-12:30pm gym ( shower and get ready there)
  • 1-2 Tags for car, Renew license and get park sticker
  • 2:30-3:30- Beauty Supply..Purchase new blow dryer for work
 I was ahead of schedule by the time I got to the gym. This was good, I had some banked time. I quickly headed to the treadmill. I wanted to get in 7 miles today.
I am not at all a techy person. Running outside for me is a No Brainer. But you put me on a treadmill and it takes forever for me to figure the the medal brain out. I was off the first one in a matter of minutes. It was too early for my brain to figure it out. So I headed to the one I had already used before.
I decided to run 5 miles at a conversational pace. I punched in 7.0 for speed and turned the music up in my ear buds. I am a little A.D.D. I discovered  the 5 TV's above me were not enough to entertain me so I fumbled with the one attached to my dreadmill.
"Jerry Springer"..UGH...I would rather put my foot in a blender than watch that garbage. So I flicked through the channels. NOTHING. Over 200 channels and Nothing was on the screen. I tried to watch "Jerry" but it was awful  multiplied by awful. I was Stuck on Stupid.
"You have got to be kidding me.." I told myself. After just a couple minutes of torture on the TV- I witnessed 3 cat fights and more "F Bombs" than any other 4 letter words vocalized]- I decided to hit the POWER button.
"Stuck on Stupid" 
Move on...If you don't like where your at than change your direction. 
Change the Channel you are living in. Or Change the channel of your OUTLOOK. Maybe You have to change the Channel of you Attitude Or the company you keep. 

"INSANITY- Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."

"Rather than asking God to Change your circumstance maybe you should ask God to change your Character"

I get it..sometimes we get in a Pit. It is Ok to visit but not good to camp out there. 
Don't stay there to long. Try not to get get Stuck on Stupid.. Change the Channel of your life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is why I like Goal setting. This is why just a simple "To Do" list is powerful. 
It shows Action. It gives Direction. Just a little list when accomplished makes you feel productive.
I got so excited each time I got another item accomplished today. I searched for the pen and marked off each task finished. 

Here are some of my Goals for 2013 I have not shared

  1. Run 2 marathons
  2. Run a race that is OVER 26.2 miles....I think...I want... 
  3. Get my nutrition tuned back in.
  4. Put some weight on
  5. Take my thyroid pill more responsibly
  6. Make special nights with the boys individually
  7. Run a trail run with Alec
  8. Get my Head in the GAME. 

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 8 miles
5 miles on treadmill 8:04 pace/ 3 miles on track. 
3 miles on bike 
100 crunches
THE Works...7 minutes in COLD PLUNGE!! 3 minutes hot tub. 5 minutes in Sauna. Felt like a Princess! So Grateful for this membership. Humbled to have it and blessed beyond. 


“Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” -Mary Anne Radmacher

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment