"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, September 10, 2012

The Run I almost missed: Lance Armstrong Mess



Today was one of THOSE days. I could not put one foot in front of the other. I could not get into the day. And I definitely was not feeling like running today.
It was such a beautiful day and I was sluggish and feeling really BLAHH.

I have a very special wedding to go to this Saturday. It is Amanda's wedding from work and she asked me to give the reading. I was honored to, I will be saying the Irish Prayer.
But I need a dress.
I hate shopping. I don't like trying on clothes, I am ultra picky and a pain in the @** when it comes to getting things to fit properly.
I don't like certain fabrics, or anything too tight, or too long or too short. I Hate things on my waist and can whine about a dozen other things I am not a fan of when it comes to shopping for clothes.
I was at the mall for a hour and LEFT. Seriously I was over it.
I was getting more tired and more frustrated. I just wanted to get home and back in my safe place.
On that express way trip home I was tense and at the cusp of a panic attack. I talked myself into relaxing and just getting home.
The closer I was to get home the comfortable in my skin I was beginning to feel. As anxiety released fatigue replaced it.
There was no desire to run on this perfect September day. That was the first and biggest RED Flag I was not feeling myself.

I did it. I took a nap. I told myself 30 minutes. but them that turned into 1 hour. I tried so hard to get up but it was like a lead weight was on top of me. I felt so guilty. "Get up, you gotta get moving Anita."
I slowly started to stir. I still had no desire to run. "Maybe I should just throw in the towel on the whole stinking day." I thought. What a waste. I was supposed to do hills today.
"Get Moving, and see how you feel." I told myself.
I took some Juice Plus chews, my thyroid pill I forgot to take, and made a cup of "Gano Coffee."

It was not right away. It took time but my feet were fitting into my Brooks and I was lacing them up to go tackle hills. 5 miles.
It was not any old 5 miles. It was 5 miles of constant hills and hell. My body started feeling weird at mile 2, it was here I realized I forgot to eat. I am seriously the most airheaded person there is. Who forgets to eat?? The same person that forgets her purse, her keys, her Dr's appointments and so so much more.

It was a challenging but victorious run. See this was another reminded to not quit. Be flexible, bendable, open minded. To think I almost missed this incredible run! This run almost never existed and it was one of the best runs that I have had in the last 3 months!

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 5.01
Time: 38
Pace: 7: 36


For many of you that have been following Lance Armstrong you may have read that he is banned from running the Chicago Marathon because of doping charges.
I have ran Chicago, I love Chicago, it was my first marathon and the very marathon that qualified me for Boston. 
But I will never run it again. 
I accept that Lance screwed up and has to face consequences. But it was in regards to his biking. And He quit fighting the charges and threw in the towel.
We all have screwed up. And it really sucks when you have owned up to your mistakes AND tried to come out of it by doing something impactful. He has helped raise money for cancer survivors through the LIVESTRONG Foundation and has made such a difference in many peoples lives having had cancer himself.
 Check out these articles and TELL me what YOU think!
Lance Armstrong 1.
http://news.runnersworld.com/2012/09/07/lance-armstrong-denied-entry-to-chicago-marathon/

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment