"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Keep It Simple Thursday: The SPLENDOR of FAITH

1 Corinthians 5:7
 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
I finished my 20 miler under the light. The Black bird Chirped "Good Job Nita" as I ran under him!


 It was 6:30 am and the storm was passing. Andy had quickly headed out the door and I was just fixing my coffee.  
With my spoon in my coffee, stirring my cream and sugar my phone rang, it was Andy. "Anita, don't think I am being soft but you gotta look outside at the lightning storm."  He continued to talk on the phone describing the magnificent bolts of light that were dancing across the sky.  I walked to the door wall to engage in this moment of awe with him.  It was just as spectacular as he described. There was not much noise but the sound of Andy "Ahhing" and "WOWing" across the phone. "Andy, This is God and all his Power and all his Glory speaking to you."  We chatted a few moments more agreeing on Gods radiance and departed. 
At that moment I saw GOD in all his Glory. There was a day when as little children we would hide in fear of a storm. But as adults we have very little fear. We have become our own super hero, afraid of nothing.  If God can display the sky with such brilliance, what is HE not capable of?

I rest on Faith..I believe His Truth, His Words. I Can not actually SEE HIM. But I can see Him in Everything. 

FAITH and RUNNING Collide:
I had to run 20 miles today. I had Faith I was going to finish. I know Gods word again to be TRUTH. I rest on his promises and put all faith in that. Although I can not see the 20 mile finish line I have Faith that I will achieve it. I believe God already gave me the Victory, He wants me to have FAITH in Him to get me there. 

RUNDOWN:
Distance:20 miles
Pace:9:24
Time:3:08


DANIELLE!! My RUNNING ANGEL. We ran Kensington today. She generously stayed beside me for the whole 20 miles. I got there early and ran 2 miles alone. Then together we headed out to do what I thought was 6 or 7 miles running. Danielle decide she was going to try to run the whole 8 mile loop. We added a walk in it every 2 miles. I was so proud of her. I knew she was dealing the voices of doubt around mile 6. She was already telling me she might have to walk to go ahead if she did. Danielle had gotten real quiet. I hardly recognize this Danielle. She has never had doubt leave her lips until her injury. I have had the honor to watch her push her body to the limits and never question it out loud. I KNEW she could finish I just had to convince her. I wanted her to have FAITH. 
She finished! She ran 8 miles AND got on her bike never to leave my side and encouraged me to get to my 20 mile goal. I am so blessed by this Angel God has given me

 "Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe." Saint Augustine



ANITA

No comments:

Post a Comment