"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

From Super Hero to Super Dork!

I have been every one of these and often all at the same time!


It's funny, you have these hijacked brain experiences on a 20 mile run. There are moments you battle delusional thoughts, moments when you have out of body experiences and moments when you want to puke and die begging for death to be more deliberate.
And then there are moments when you feel like a Super Hero. As I was running today I had moments I thought I actually saw a cape flapping in the wind behind me. Miles I thought I had just punched HYER-SPEED, running lightning fast and then all too quickly I realized this was a delusional moment!

Overall, it was a run that humbled me. I asked a couple people at the last minute to pray for my run. I had a great RUN. I almost had to pinch myself it seemed sereel, I thought my run was too good to be true, big joke and I was going to realize at any moment that I really was miserable, pained, irritated and only at mile 3 with 17 more to go! But this never happened.

I was humbled by God giving me such a stellar run.
I even had the energy afterwards to have lunch with a dear friend, grocery shop, Target shop, put all the stuff away, make dinner, clean up dinner, 2 loads of laundry, mop floors on my hands and knees, and run the vacuum upstairs!

GOOD DAY!
TIPS  FOR RUNNING IN FICKLE WEATHER....
  1. Running sleeves: easy to pull down or take off and tie up
  2. On cooler days the sun is out wear black it will heat you up with out the extra clothing
  3. Avoid cotton shirts because it holds the moisture in and if you sweat you will get cold.
  4. Layer your clothes so you can remove layers easy and tie them around waist of hide them in bushes!
The RUNDOWN:
Distance: 20.01
Pace: 8:29
Time: 2:50
This was one of my best 20 milers yet!  Super Thankful. Humbled. 

 "The faster I get there, the faster I can start eating."


Do you have any running tips for dressing comfortable? What are some of your favorite articles of clothing for running in fickle weather?

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment