"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Passions through Pain

It was a beautiful day for a run. Cooler temps and partially cloudy made a great equation for a good run.

Even though I thought I was going to be running alone I had a glimmer of hope that Andy might want to join me.
There are certain elements that make you just HAVE to have that run. You "FEEL" the run, you heart skips a beat to go for a run, You feel like a dog with their head out of a car window you want to go and play soo bad!
Today was one of those days. And I knew Andy was going to be feeling it too!
So I was not that surprised when I saw him grab his favorite running tank and confirm my curiosity...I had a running partner!!

Things that make me want to drop everything and run:
  • Watching the Olympics..the Runners
  • The latest "Dicks Sports" comercial
  • A rough day
  • A pain free day!
  • New running attire..Anything right down to socks!
  • New running Music..
  • Music!
  • Watching another runner...I turn green!
  • The advertisements in Runners World.
  • Perfect running weather.
I ran 10 miles. I did the first 7 miles with Andy. We did a average of 9 minute miles with walk breaks every 11 minutes.  It was nice and steady.
I just felt so bad for Andy. I chose a different route for him to take..accidentally, one with hills...One that made his body hate me. Andy is really broken. It is something in his hips. I think he has a hernia..He doesnt have any idea what is wrong with him except that he hurting really bad. He says that when he lifts his legs to exert himself it feels like something is tearing in his hips.  He can hardly jump or make sudden movements with his torso.
BUT..he wont go to the DR!! He wants to go see Clint Verran but Andy  needs to go to his primary first. Being the nagging wife that I am I made him a appointment for Wednesday. I am not sure he will keep it but I am really hoping he does.
We have races bought and paid for that I really would like to do with him. There is an investment into his running. But in order to follow through with them he has to make an investment into HIMSELF. Ignorance is not Bliss. With Andy being a Nurse he makes the worst patient because he self diagnoses.

So for 7 miles he tried not to complain. But there were little comments scattered throughout our run he dropped. My heart was so heavy for him. He said in pain and sweat "I just want to RUN." The passion runs so deep and it is so unfair when pain wants to hijack your passion.

  "Pain is as diverse as man. One suffers as one can."

The last 3 miles after dropping Andy back at home I kicked it up a gear. My knee was aching and my ankle is still irritating me from the Down and Dirty but I needed the pain.
I needed to breath heavy and sweat bullets. I needed to do everything that ANDY wanted to do. My pain was minimal..I wanted to run hard those 3 miles for Andy.
"We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."

THE RUNDOWN:
Distance: 10.01
Pace: 8:57
Time: 1:30

WHAT MAKES YOU WANT TO RUN? WHAT GETS YOUR BLOOD MOVING AND YOUR HEART SKIPPING BEATS TO GO FOR A RUN???
As a runner I know we do not like to go to the DRS because we are afraid we are not going to be able to run. We are concerned the DR is going to take away our Passion. 
ARE YOU GOOD AT GOING TO THE DRS? CAN YOU EMPHASIZE WITH ANDY??

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment