"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

BQ.PR..DF....WTHeck are you talking about?

Love these Ladies

Colossians 1:11-12 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.

I picked the kids up from the school and on our way to the car we ran into"Courtney" at the playground.  "Courtney" asked some simple questions about what a BQ was. She wanted to know how the whole Boston thing worked.
There were so many different places I wanted to take this conversation to.
My mind regurgitated a conversation that took place the day I found out my registration was accepted.....

I was jumping and hooting and hollering on my way back to my client at work. There was a cheesy smile plastered across my face shining joy and gratitude after receiving the news from Andy over the phone. When I realized people were getting excited to know what was going on I got hot and flushed. I don't discuss my running a whole lot at work. If people ask I share but I never want to sound braggadocios or anything like that.
I hear someone say "Yeah, but Anita, you have ran Boston once already??." I let is go. It was repeated again by this person "Well, didn't you already run it?"

Running the Boston Marathon is PIVOTAL in the running world. It is the Grand Trophy.
For me it describes more than just running. It was sacrifice, MONTHS and MONTHS of hard work, sweat, tears, prayers, injuries and commitment. It was reading, studying, eating more than properly. It was being conscious of everything you did to your body and your mind.
It was hours of running on empty, running out of breath, running long and running hard. Feeling pain, hating pain and having a love affair with it all in the same breath.
You Don't just RUN BOSTON...unless you get in another way other than qualifying with your time. You STILL have to run 26.2 miles before hand to get in.
For Me I put all faith not in MYSELF but in Gods power and strength. I Clung to him. And He gave me vision and security that I was going to have victory...but I was going to have to trust him, My triumph would come through tears.

And that means you have to train that like a fighter, run like a cheetah and endure pain like a warrior for several weeks..and some would say months even years!
  
The look of Pain...But the PRIZE is so Powerful!
Other than bearing children trying to qualify for Boston is the most taxing thing I have ever done to my body.  Well Worth it ALL.
BQ-Boston QUALIFY:  The Boston Marathon requires runners to meet a certain time standard based on gender and age. EXAMPLE..38 year old Female has to run a marathon in 3hours and 40 min. This JUST qualifies you-it does not guarantee that you are still going to get in to the Boston Marathon. 


Here is some more RUNNING Abbreviations! 


PR and PB refer to the same basic thing, running your Personal Best or setting a Personal Record. For example "I ran a PR in that race" means I ran my fastest time ever at that distance.
LSD is long slow distance or long steady distance.
MP is marathon pace.
GMP is goal marathon pace.
ITBS refers to the illotibial band syndrome, a common overuse running knee injury...the injury that plagued me right before my 2011 Boston Marathon...First "running" injury.
MHR is maximum heart rate.
CR is course record.
USATF is USA Track and Field.
DNF is Did Not finish.
DNS is Did not start.
MPM is usually minutes per mile.
PF is plantar fasciitis.
XC is Cross Country.
RICE means rest, ice, compress and elevate….standard treatment for inflammation-type injuries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RUNDOWN
Distance: 7 mile
Ran free. No Beeping,chirping or any other annoying techy noise attached to my wrist! 
Running unattached. Freedom!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Great day overall. My Beautiful niece spent the afternoon with me. I love that girl. And just when things couldn't get any better...MOM comes out to. We played "Beauty Shop" in the kitchen. 
"Ariel" needed  some counseling on some things. Funny how she comes to me. I am honored to be here for her and always shocked she wants to come to me. Especially because I have no idea what I am talking about and have made soo many mistakes! I just know I love that Girl and I pray I give her counsel that is nonjudgmental and loving yet not enabling or hurtful. 
I would not go back to 21 to save my life! Those were some of the hardest years of my life. But I will walk with her done hers and hold her hand every step of the way. 


Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment