"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Silver Lake Sand Dunes

  Isaiah 40:12 - Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand and marked off the heavens with a span, enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance?

Silver Lake Sand Dunes is one of my most favorite places to vacation. I love the sand, the sun, lighthouse and the people watching is a 10!
My morning run had full potential to go bad on so many levels.
  • Not feeling good, my allergies are at a all time high.
  • My belly was not happy with my food choices last night.
  • I couldn't find any good music on my ipod
  • I couldn't find satellite on my Garmin.
But no matter what the aggravation, irritation or thorn in my side I knew I just needed to run.

It is a 3 mile run to the Lighthouse on Lake Michigan. That was the goal but it was a bit farther than I thought so I went to the first  parking lot and turned around.
Lake Michigan. I ran here and turned around
The run is beautiful. I was not the only one who was taking advantage of this 65 degree sunny morning. It was like running a race there were so many people running, biking or walking. 
 
The air was warm and the sun was bold and bright. I ran towards the lighthouse and the farther I got the less populated it got. As I got deeper into my route and closer to Lake Michigan the trees got more dense.
I saw less of what man created and welcomed the beauty of what God created.
The smells, the sounds and the scenery painted Gods Glory all around me.

Everything in those moments, in those miles saturated my every being. I felt nothing but gratitude. I ran for those who can not. I gave thanks for the legs and the power God gave me. We have so many blessings.

So much we take for granted. Live every day to the fullest. Never take life for granted. Remember those who wish they could and YOU CAN. So Do!
Good night Silver Lake

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 5:69
Time :47
Pace: 8:16

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment