"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, June 26, 2011

 "Today, give a stranger one of your smiles.  It might be the only sunshine he sees all day."
Notice my arms not touching my sides...My own sweat grosses me out!


The calm before the storm..Florida was lighting up today.  Even though we arrived in Florida in their rainy season they are actually in a drought. Not having any rain on vacation is always nice but they really needed it.

We had a birthday party at the Condo for Alec, He turns 9. My sister decided to spend the night rather than taking the hour drive back home. This was good for me because I got to spend a little more time with her.

This morning I was up at 6am. My stomach was hurting and woke me up. I think when I fell asleep last night I never moved and my belly cramped up on me. I tried to go back to sleep but it just wasn't working out for me.
I quietly got up and made a pot of coffee.
Coffee makes everything better. I brought it back to bed with me and started reading. This was my morning
..Peaceful..Quiet.

Everyone started coming out of their caves not long after. My wheels began turning...RUN RUN RUN...
HMM..My sister is here...Andy will want to run.... Sister+Kids= RUN WITH HUBBY!?!


I shared my brilliant idea with my sister, Gina..And she said " Sure, yeah.". I added " You could take the kids to the pool and we will meet you there." And again she said, "Ok, Sure."

This run was important because the day had rain written all over it! And having my sister there meant Andy and I did not have to take turns. We could both knock out our run right out of the gate.

There was just one other person that I had to share my idea with..And that was Andy.
Even though I run quite a bit slower with Andy I really like to have him to run with. I enjoy encouraging him, coaching him and having his companionship.
He likes running with me and I think this is the biggest factor of why I like to be with him.
He was still smiling here!


Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.  ~Leo Buscaglia

Life is more fulfilling when you make someone elses day. When you can be the missing piece in someones puzzle. Or you can be the sunshine in their day. It often doesn't reap any other benefits other than just a  whisper in your ear. Quite often it is more work and sacrifice for you. Sometimes it is even more costly. 
But there is nothing better than seeing SOMEONE ELSES smile,  picking them up when they fall, having what they need, a word, a touch, a smile..
Our little bit of something can be somebodies little bit of everything!

The run was hot, humid and cloudy. I thought we were going to get soaked. We got soaked all right but not by rain. By mile 3 we were dripping in sweat. Soo nasty. It is not the stinky sweat you get from playing football or basketball. It is not the sweat that we connect with body odor. Not that I don't think it has potential to turn into that smelly stuff. But just  running 4 or 5 miles doesn't give it enough times to ripen!


I dropped Andy off at the pool with the rest of the family and continued on for another mile. When I finished I joined them at the pool.
Andy was in the pool running shorts and all. "Nita, jump in, it is so refreshing." He yelled.
I looked at the pool and knew there was nothing keeping from jumping in..well except for one thing...Bathroom break.!!
The bad thing about running in the heat is you get dehydrated easy. Normally you don't have to use bathroom. but for me I had to. After a couple kids and running I knew I had better go quick. One touch of the water and well..I wont say anymore.

There was no tip toeing in the water, It was ALL in. And ohh how it was soo good!!!
YEE HAWWW!!


THE RUNDOWN

Time: 49:54
Distance: 5:23
Pace: 9.32
Fastest mile: 8:29
The payoff: Birthday Dessert at the Melting Pot with my son, Alec


Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment