"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Land of Familiarity..

Austin is away at camp. So it is just Alec. He is soo easy. Alec is not old enough to watch himself so it does not make it easy for me to go for a run.
I asked Alec earlier if he would like to go for a bike ride with me while I ran and he said NO. Can you believe it?! What a little turd. It sounded like a Great idea to me!
He liked the idea of playing video games better. Alec hardly played the last week with vacation and all and I think he was having withdrawals.
No biggie I was feeling a bit run down today and thought maybe I will get a 30 minute power nap in and then run this evening after dinner.

It was a great evening to run. Temperatures in the mid 70's, cloudless skies and no humidity or wind.
I went out almost directly after dinner.
DINNER:
Ranch Beans- Tricolor Organic beans, vegetarian beans, Laura's Lean ground beef, Onions and Brown sugar. slow cooked on burner for 3 hours...HIGH FIBER.
Chicken Kabobs
Laura's Lean burgers (96%) fat free. with whole grain Thins.
Fresh cantaloupe.

THOUGHTS ON THE RUN
It sure felt good to know where you were running. To know what was around the bend or when to expect another hill. The gravel was familiar, the sounds of the cars were even comforting.
I know there are weirdos everywhere I just felt like I was more aware and comfortable with the ones back here in Michigan!

It was nice to have a little bit of my routine back. On my terms. In my field.
Not that  running hurts any less wherever your location is. Same pain, I think even worse because I push myself harder on my playing field. I am not on vacation any more, back to the grind as they say..

THE RUNDOWN:
Distance-7.5 miles
Average pace-8min miles
Problems- Forgot to start Garmin, so it shows I ran 7.07 but I really was half mile farther.
Extras: 100 sit-ups & planks and stretching.

MY TWO CENTS:

1. Ideal time for a power nap is between 2.00 pm and 4.00 pm, just after lunch.
2. 30 minutes of sleep is enough to relax. If you sleep more, you will end up with a headache and bad mood.
3.A very large recent survey carried out by the School of Public Health at Harvard University showed that people who regularly had a power nap are 34% less likely to die because of heart problems. This of course assumes that they also exercised, had a normal weight and a balanced diet.
4.Provides a motivation for exercise

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment