"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Taking Turns..

THE BREAKDOWN.
A great day at the water park. So blessed. My sister in law won us 4 free tickets on the radio. By Answering this question"
"What gets touched by 18 pairs of hands before being bought?"
I will shoot the answer to you TOMORROW! And anyone who figures it out WITHOUT CHEATING I will do something special for them....!! Your answer has to be sent in the comment section!

I was just amazed at how much the boys never seem to get sick of the water. All day at the waterpark only to come back to the condo and them beg to go to the pool!

The pool worked out good though. Andy and I both wanted to go for a run so we did the take turn thing again. My Covert Mission was exploited by me when Andy read my blog yesterday!

So Andy went out first. Today was hot and humid but it also contained a life saving breeze. 91 degrees!
Andy looked  bad on his return. He was red faced, sweat dripping and voiceless. He did not have a good run. This was very intimidating to me. Looking at him had me spooked.

He met me at the pool where we had to hurry back to the condo and eat before I could go and it was already 6:30.
We all ageed on Tropical Smoothie. Quick and easy.
By the time we finished eating, or more like gorging ourselves I knew I had to high tail it in order to beat the nightfall.

Andy does not like me running in the dark and rightfully so. The reality is we do not live in a Beaver Cleaver World any longer. There are no more "Mr Rodgers Neighborhoods" left. You have to be smart and aware of your sourroundings at all times.

I left the condo at 8pm. My gut was bloated with my turkey bacon club from dinner. But I had no choice. I took off. The sun was going down and my opportunity to get 7 miles was gone as well. I would be lucky to get 6 miles in before Andy jumped in the car looking for me.
As I got running I was shocked at the energy I had in my legs with the heat and the activities of the day factored in.
I was thinking there was no way there was going to be any light outside on my way back in.
It is erected from fear. I begin thinking what would I do if someone came out and tried to get me. " Will anyone see me?"
With the right ingredients, for me, music, terrain and weather I was starting to feel my superhero qualities take form.  All that power started swelling in my head as well as my run.

"KING KONG AINT GOT NOTHIN ON ME'" Denzel Washington, Training Day
These Superhero images are very delusional. You see these ingrediants as stated above mixes with endorphins and past experiences really hypnotize you into thinking you are the next Jackie Chan or Rockie. There is a little bit of a Napoleon complex mixed in there as well. Realistically no matter how many times I "see" myself fighting off a perpetrator or out running the "bad guy" I am a puney 105 pounds on a 5'1 frame. I am a twirp even if I see myself at a "Latin Warrior" or the next Super Hero Sidekick!

There is one power I never leave home without. And that is the Power of Prayer. I took my powerless cape off and asked God to protect me and keep me safe. I asked him to send his Angels like strong pillars to wrap around me. To detour any people from my path that could threaten me. And to return me to my family safely.

And WahLa!!! God not only protected me but ALSO PROTECTED any bad guys from the wrath of Anita the Latin Warrior!!!
Sloans Ice Cream Boca Raton.


THE RUNDOWN
Distance: 6.03
Pace: 8:13
Time: 49:29
Bonus:The best part of running today was ICECREAM!!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment