"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, June 20, 2011

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

My Airplane partner...lol..Check out the lady in the Background...HA HA
We started our morning with the shuttle service taking us to our airline.
Airplane to West Palm Beach.
Train to Boca Raton.
Automobile..Taxi to the condo.
Thank goodness for cameras on phones,,Cause By the time we got HERE..I had already lost our camera and never even used it!!

Boarding the Plane

Once we got settled in it was like a secret mission. Run.. I want to run. It is a new place with new scenery..I wonder if I can squeeze a run in with out everyone getting mad at me. How can I work this mission in with ease? I came up with a plan... I will offer Andy a run and take the boys to the pool..then see if Andy will want to return the favor. Surely he will.....

The skies were dark. The radar showed storms but that didn't quench the mission for either one of us. He bit. It was a go. And I was suiting up anxiously. I am not a fan of going to the pool especially with dark clouds but THE MISSION was much greater than storms, pools, or entertaining the boys for the hour.

I heard the thunder poolside. Lightning even shot across the sky a couple times. But I knew even Andy was taking full advantage of my generosity. Andy is a pretty smart guy, he knew there was a catch involved. But the love of running lets you take advantage of opportunities and also return the favor for others to try a piece of the pie.

When Andy returned he was about 20 minutes late and had a FULL face of bugs.
EWE!! Nasty No-See-Ums

Andy got lost and was attacked by the Floridian gnats. He was getting really acquainted with the infamous "No-See-ums".

I was a little concerned when I took off. The pesty No-See-ums were not part of my mission. But even as annoying as these little buggers appeared they were not going to interrupt my plans.
Well I too got lost ! My 3 miler turned into over 4 and 1/2. And as far as having a bug face..I lucked out. Yes I ate a few, scraped a few and was blinded for about a half a mile with these bugs splatting in my eyes.
A small price to pay for a cheesy grin and pure happiness. Getting lost was not so bad, neither were No-See-ums or 85 degrees and 90% humidity. Mission Run Boca Raton accomplished...Day 1!
Mission Accomplished!


The Rundown:
Distance-4.57
Time-36.29
Average Pace-7.59

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment