"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dexter Ann Arbor. Here we stinking go again!!

Getting settled in for tomorrows big race. The Dexter Ann Arbor.
I am a bit nervous. This is my first race since Boston. I think. At least I know its my first half Marathon since!
Preparations:
Easy run. I ran two very easy miles. Well they should have been easy if it wasn't stinking 90 stinking degrees!

So for dinner we went to Ruby Tuesdays. I had a salad bar and the Turkey Minis. I have done the big ole pasta thing and the steak thing and always end up with FUNKY BELLY THING!. So I stick to what I know and play it safe.

I have my clothes laid out. The Garmin is charged, Chews laid out and guess what I purchased today???? FINALLY....drum role please...That right you said it...a NEW IPOD!!!! Finally right!

So this is my second year running this race. The course is beautiful. It is mostly treed and scenic.  I had a pr here for my half marathon time last year. 1hr 41 was my time for last years race. And that was huffing it. I thought I was going to puke and die. The finally 500 feet are all UPHILL.. Or Stinking Uphill if I may!

There is a shuttle that takes you out to the beginning of the course in Dexter, Michigan. From there you run all the way to Ann Arbor.  My family are all going with me. The boys are going to have to get up early. They are so good about it. There is nothing better than seeing your family cheering you on.  They are my cheering squad. They are the reason I go the extra when I feel like the tank is empty.

This Evenings Prayer: Dear Lord, Thank you for this opportunity to race. Thank you for my family and those who love me and cheer me on. I ask that you give me strength and stamina. Lord you are my partner and companion. Run beside me for fellowship, before me for inspiration and behind me for motivation. 
I Pray I can glorify YOU in this race. You have given me this gift and I give you all the glory.

http://www.dexterannarborrun.com/general-info


Remember me in your prayers it would be really great to PR again.
PR= Personal Record..

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment