"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mackinac Island

Morning run around Mackinaw City- 3 miles
I came back home from Mackinac Island this afternoon. I was gone for 2 nights for a class on the Island. I went over with  workmates from my Salon and other salons. Can I just say it was Beautiful. It was like going to a vacation in another city. It rained here at home while it was sunny and 50's on the island. It was unseasonably beautiful.
The Carriage ride to Mission Point Resort
Hair model for an Up Siyle

Even though it was a weekend designed for work and learning I took full advantage of it for enjoying the beauty of the Island. I took advantage of all that God had given me. All this beauty that God himself painted. That He created, and brought into existence. No money could buy this beauty and here I was able to put my shoes on and absorb all of it. It was free, It was like his gift to me. It was just waiting there for anyone to accept it. And I was going to grasp it no matter what. I did not need sleep, I did not need people or money.
Glitz Girls

 DAY I  EVENING Saturday
Mackinaw City

THOUGHTS TO MYSELF'
Remember to Be kind to everyone.
Try not to be Custodial, Controlling or Bossy
Be layed back, Go with the Flow
HIGHLIGHTS!!
Went swimming with the group (I hate getting in the pool) But had a really good time!
LOWLIGHTS!!
Didn't get to bed till after 1am..And I did not sleep well at all. 
Forgot my cell phone at work!
DAY 2 Sunday
Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island
Sites on my 8 mile run on the Island










THOUGHTS TO MYSELF"
This is the day the the Lord has made. 
Stay focused and clear.
"Be hot or cold..but be lukewarm and I will spew you from my mouth."
Be confident in who YOU are. Secure and Focused
HIGHLIGHTS!!
Waking up before 6am to go for a run through the city. Beautiful. Sunny & Brisk
Girls met me outside and we went for a walk to the pier before catching Ferry.
The Arnold Ferry

Ran again in the afternoon around the island, The Island is 8 miles all around. 
I also hiked up the Arch alone, it was so serene. 
Brought scary masks and took great pleasure in scaring random strangers on the Island!
LOWLIGHTS!!
The Class was not that great. I left with a little more knowledge but it was looonngg.


Had to get me feet in the water.BRRR!
Stayed up till 12  for a Haunted tour with about 30 others of us...My Scaring of random people was far more entertaining!
DAY 3 Monday
Mackinac Island and Home







Kelli and I playing pranks!

THOUGHTS TO MYSELF
Find some quite place and meet with God.
Do your own thing, the things you would want to do. Do not rely on others to fulfill you.
It is OK to go your own way. It will all work out, No expectations.
HIGHLIGHTS!!
Prayer time and Proverbs
Morning Run In the SUN!! A few girls found me by the water...I had prayed that I would somehow meet up with the girls and did..!
LOWLIGHTS!!

Knee was hurting a bit. EXHAUSTED!

SUMMARY
It is when you are in the very essence of nature that you see beauty, true beauty does not come from a mankind. It can not be created or produced by human hands. What we create is only a duplication. It is a brief awe. The canvas that God created is perfect and everlasting in my heart and mind. This gift of scenery effected every sense. It was running with my hair Blowing in the WIND. The HEAT of the SUN resting on my skin. The SOUND of the WAVES crashing unto the rocks. The TASTE of FRESH AIR absorbing into my lungs. The SIGHT of his Glory and SPLENDOR SURROUNDING me, captivating me, humbling me and Reminding me HE IS GOD.

Gen 1:9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, [and] herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed [was] in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment