"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, May 9, 2011

All Good Things Come To a End.


Dear Mother Nature,
Thank you for the last few days you have given us. I know you heard our cries and whining all the month of February and March. The Weather you have blessed us with has been nothing but perfect. No clouds in the sky, temperatures in the 70's and no humidity.
This weather has motivated me to do more yard work, work at home harder and still be in a great mood!
I have been able to exercise my passion more and feel more endurance and strength while doing it. I have enjoyed putting my running shorts on and taking off all those layers. I giggle at the runners tan you have wrapped me up in, you have quite the sense of humor.

The flowers are in bloom and everything is so vivid with color. The smells are aromatic and like a breath of fresh air.
But the flowers are not the only thing that is in full bloom...So are my allergies. I have sneezed over 100 times in a week. My husband actually said to me while in full convulsions from sneezing, " Nita, why is it when you sneeze it is like a huge ordeal?" I was sneezing so hard I had to cross my legs. I have gotten in the habit of crossing my legs because I am afraid I will (and have) peed my pants! EWE! My chest is tight and has a difficult time breathing and my poor nose..its chapped from blowing it so many times. But I am still soo thankful for giving us this gift of warmth and sun!
I do not need a crystal ball to know that all good things come to an end. I do not consider it a complete end rather more of a postponement. An interruption, a little speed bump of rain and coming our way.
ECCLESIASTES 3:1
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven:..." 
There is so much to be thankful for, Even in the bad seasons there are many things to seize. Adversity is the ingredient to grow from. It is a deceiving seed. It will make you bitter or it will make you better. Good seasons are much easier to embrace but even in good weather we need a break. We need time to reflect, slow down and absorb all that life has to offer, We need time to "be still".
PSALMS 46:10
"Be Still And Know that I am GOD"
So whatever weather you decide to pull out of your little apron, I will grasp. I will deal with it and be glad that I have another day. I will use the day you give me to its fullest. Finding greatness in all you present because the gift isn't in what you share rather the gift is me having another day to Accept it. The true gift is God giving You to me, Mother Nature, You are the True gift and all you have to offer is just a tool for me to build on.
THE RUN DOWN
MILES: 6.80
AVERAGE PACE: 8:33
TEMPERATURE: 73 Degrees
CHALLENGES: Running late to get boys
PLAY LIST: How you like me now, The Heavy; Fun for Me, Moloko; Can you hear us,David Crowder
Extreme Weather records for May:
Detroit -20.2 F 104 F
Flint -25.6 F 100.4 F
"There is no season such delight can bring, As summer, autumn, winter and the spring."
-  William Browne

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment