"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Let me introduce you to my Boxer, Sheeba....The Queen Of Running!

I knew from the moment I woke up I had a very important date. I had a busy day all around but there was one appointment that I was really looking forward to. My running date.

With each passing hour I was getting more and more anxious. I could smell it in the breeze. The smell of apple blossoms and fresh cut grass. The sun was shining like a Lordship. It captured the sky with boldness. There was a calmness in air. It was like an invitation. And it continued whispering my name, calling on me to embrace all that mother nature had to offer.

This week Sunday I ran with Austin, Monday I ran alone, Wednesday I ran with Heidi and today it was going to be Sheeba my Boxer.

Sheeba just turned 2. We actually brought her home on my youngest sons birthday. She was the runt. She is the smallest boxer I have every seen. But don't let looks fool you. Good things come in small packages. She can hold her own pretty good.
I geared her up and off we went. She is amazing. We ran 8 miles together. I stopped a couple times to get her something to drink. Every mile we increased our speed. She was at my side the entire time.

Funny thing, When she runs or exerts excess energy she has to go poo-poo. Only she never went. I thought maybe she went before we left and I never saw. I let it go.

When we got home I had to hurry to get to my moms house to do her hair. I took Sheeba with me. Everything was in techno speed because I had to also pick up the boys from school and make it to Austins CC Meet.
I was in such a hurry I forgot the color for moms hair. I brought the highlights but her gray was BAD. We went ahead and decided to highlight and cut it. We made our way to the back porch. Since it was so nice we thought the patio would be a great location. But it was also a great route for Sheeba to go poo-poo. YUP, she couldn't do it on the patio, NAW...Moms carpet 2 feet from the patio looked like a better field to do her business. I felt so bad. Mom was way to gracious as always.
I Love my Sheeba. She still has these little accidents. I pray she grows out of it but she is so stinking cute I get over it really fast. She is an impressive little runner. She loves to be next to you running and just wants you to encourage her with a soft touch or a few words of favor. "Sheba, come on girl." Or "That a girl Queen you can do it."  Just those few words you can see her put a kick in her step and look up at you as if to say, " Mama, I love you and I love just being next to you!" I am sure I actually hear her say that too!

Sheeba's Famous Accidents:
  1. Chewed the staircase ballister
  2. Dug up my brand new Peony Plant
  3. Chewed the corner ledge of the window sill
  4. Discover she was doing her business in the basement...several times!
  5. CHEWED MY GARMIN!!
Boxer Facts:
  1. The Boxer was bred from the English Bulldog
  2. Boxers are the 6th most popular breed of dog in the U.S. over 3 years in a row.
  3. Boxers are either Fawn,, Brindle or White.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself."

 Anita

      No comments:

      Post a Comment