"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

15 years Running the Course of Marriage

There are a lot of races that I have run. But Marriage has been the hardest race I have ever ran.
This race comes with a trophy every year. It is called an Anniversary.
This race is a course of endurance, commitment, sacrifice and dedication.
All those who register to run this race have different obstacles and support to contend with.

But I am here to tell you my course has been one of hardship, hurts and heartbreak. The path that we set out for was full of pot holes and broken bridges from the beginning.
The first year of marriage we found ourselves already separated! We started our marriage behind the gun. We struggled with forgiveness and  insecurities from our mistakes and error. We are both strong willed and stubborn. Most of the course we were not running together rather separate and independent.
Eccl 4:9-10 "Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up." 

We, as a couple have ran from our past, out run our demons, hurdled our heart aches and trampled over "ourselves." (Die to Self).
We have sought God for our foundation.
We began fueling on forgiveness.
We started packing away patience.
Being one anothers support system. This support system requires you to encourage, edify,learn AND listen.
For 15 years I continue to train and run the Course of Marriage.
I can see so many areas that I have improved in and soo many areas that still need work.

Training together
Andy trying to Out do me!!
I have enjoyed watching the two us grow together. Strengthening each other. Believing in each others dreams and desires. Working through the blockade or around the boundaries but not letting them stop us or be the ending of our course.
All the hard work has really paid off. 15 years, two amazing boys, and happiness. True joy. I love the fact we ran together against the odds. We never through in the towel and all the time not knowing how awesomeness was waiting like a hydration station right around the corner. Just around the bend was the fruit of our labor. 
Just as Andy always says to me. "You have to train in the elements". The hardest parts of training, the things that hurt the most, those are the best tools for success. Not giving up when it is tough or hard or seems like the course is impossible. Not giving in because that is what everyone else is doing, Not being compromised or conformed but being committed and content. Digging deep, Daring to believe, Fighting the good Fight.

Happy Anniversary to My Partner, My Best friend, My Lover, My Children's Father, My Coach..Looking forward to what lies ahead of us on our course...

THE RUNDOWN
Ran 7 miles with Sheba. We caught the only hour that was not raining! But at mile 5 the Skies opened followed by thunder.Poor Sheba. She was very nervous. She was soaked but so was I. It was refreshing. Just what a girl would want to make the day even more perfect. A good Run..


Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment