"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Embracing the Day.

Anita Embracing the Day
Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.  ~Doug Larson

Somedays are easier than others.
Just by Default. Such as a sunny day is often better than a cold and cloudy day. Because it is often a emotional response. The bright sunny day makes us Feel a certain way.
We Feel more Energetic.
We Feel more Grateful. 
We Feel more_________. 
A sunny day is like a Bonus card. It is the card that even if the day is bad and the sun is shining the day is not a bust. It's the card that holds more leverage. It is the card that makes things easier, or better or just more tolerable.
This sunshiny card is the card that motivates, appreciates and gravitates to others.
You do not have to work as hard at having to work!


Today was one of those brilliant sun filled days. It was more optimistic for me.
Today I felt my smile was less performed.
Today I was more patient.
Today I made myself laugh.
Today I enjoyed people and all their personalities.
Today I was reacquainted with a fellow Boston marathoner!!
Yes, Melissa, whom I had met in Boston on the Baumans bus came into my work today. I was so tickled. From the moment she called and made an appointment I had a perma-grin waiting with anticipation.
I had not spoke to anyone who had ran the Boston with me. She was as beautiful as I remember 3 weeks ago. We laughed,shared stories and even promised to see each other again soon. We decided to try and run together and maybe even do a race together. It was like we have know each other for years yet know nothing about one another other than our passion for running. This passion that binds us. This passion that is so magnetic that it brings complete opposites together with one single Bond..Running.
Andy even Embraced the Day!

The Run Down:
Saturday-3.17 miles
Average pace 7:54
Difficulties: Listening to my Garmin beep at me like a dagger in my ears to go faster. I was going up a hill on loose gravel and was miserable trying to keep my feet from not slipping out from under me.
Concerns: Sheba went out with me and I was concerned she was not gonna keep up. She did great though.
Gratitude: Thankful for energy and opportunity to run on a day I do not normally run.
Thankful for Friendships.
Thankful for a family all playing outside today.
Total weekly mileage 29.36

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment