"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fire Burning..Fire Burning.

Temperature in Holly Michigan
86 degrees 56% humidity
Mostly SUNNY.

Todays RUN
8.05 miles
Average pace 8:33
Total Time 1:08:52
Hill workout
Summer Salad with Blue Cheese and Raspberry Vinaigrette

Before Running I LOVED the heat. I would sit out in it for hours, tan like a Coppertone Baby, takes naps under the rays, and duplicate it the following day. My Mexican blood can tolerate high temps with delight and ease. That was all before RUNNING. Now don't get me wrong I still love the blazing sun and still air, but not when you add running to the equation. I feel like a female version of the HULK. Only rather than  bulking up and beefing out, I wimp out and freak out! I become pouty and whiny.

But I sucked it up and went out there, even running a mile more than I had planned. It felt like summer. Hot and humid. I had no other choice but to wear my sports bra and shorts. I hate to do this because I feel like a Hoochy Mama! But I know that when I run it is going to feel hotter than it is, today, about 96 degrees is what I felt!

There were a lot of hills on my run today. At mile 7, I was praying to God for Strength, Stamina and Safety.
I finished. We will leave it at that!

When I arrived home, I hollered at my kids to bring me some cold water. It was so wonderful. I collapsed on the cement pavement, my son also brought me a towel. I remember the towel smelled like fabric softner. For some reason that scent was thereputic to me in my moment of distress. ODD?!

Finding joy playing with my boys, great way to cool down after a hot RUN!
The kids were all playing outside. They were having a water fight with the neighbors. I was having fun watching..and even did a little devious engaging myself. UNTIL ANDY conspired against me and I found myself soaked! Oh, the laughs.  The water was welcomed and refreshing. We were ALL for ourselves and no one was being spared. Such FUN. 

Reminders, Don't take life so serious, Seriously it can be a lot of fun. No Excuses do what you set out to do, maybe you have to recalculate your plan of action but make it happen. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. Enjoy the little things in life, smelling the roses, enjoying a water fight, or cooking a great meal and enjoy every bite! We work to hard in life  not to locate areas in our life that deserve a smile, giggle or a little excitement.

What did you do for excitement today? For a childlike laugh or giggle? 

Anita




No comments:

Post a Comment