"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dr's Appointment The Rundown

Faith In God
 "When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives. Our love of the Lord will govern the claims for our affection, the demands on our time, the interests we pursue, and the order of our priorities."
Ezra Taft Benson
Family
When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.  ~Joyce Brothers
Health
Wisdom is to the soul what health is to the body.
Work
I Work to live I do not live to work.


This is in order of importance where I am at. This is where my priorities lie. When things are not prioritized right I am off balance. When I put God first I find all the answers for the rest of living on life's terms. It provides all my knowledge, wisdom and direction I need for the other 3 priorities. 
There is an area that I do slack in and believe it or not it is in Health. Health maintenance. Going to the Dr's is not an area that I enjoy. 
These are some of the reason I do not keep up on maintaining appointments:
  1. Time consuming-I know it's  kind of a lame reason. but MY reason!
  2. Costly..We have an HSA. So we have to pay  ALOT out of pocket on top of our monthly payment.
  3. I HATE REFERRALS..another major pain!
  4. It is hard finding Drs that you like, are comfortable with and you trust.
My friend recommended her family Dr to me. I thought " Well I will call and see if they take my insurance and if they do, which they probably won't, but if they do I will make an appointment."  She mentioned He was a Christian and I thought "Wouldn't that be great to find someone who would accept that I believe God is capable of miracles and is ultimately in control of everything."
THEY DID! And they could not only do my physical but also my girlly appointment that I have neglected for the last 7 years also.  Good Grief, This was bitter sweet. But I knew that to be an efficient mom and wife I had to go to the Dr.s for a check up.

Dr Abraham met me and discussed my personal and family history. He went through his check list then asked me what concerns I had.  Between parental history and personal health concerns he addressed the ones we needed to look into.
It looked like this and this was his thoughts, theories and direction:
Breast Cancer- Mom had cancer- He said I could get a mammogram now but he thought that if I have not noticed anything a simple breast exam should be fine till I am 40. I was good with that!
Hypoglycemic- I have issues with my blood sugar as my mom also did.- He said that was not a surprise for someone with my weight and frame. That is was important to be a grazer and eat proteins and not simple sugars.  He believed  I could keep that under control pretty good.
Thyroid- I have a goiter. At first he was not concerned with it until he got a better look at it and noticed it was not uniform. Then when I explained I have difficulty swallowing and sometimes talking he said that was a problem. He gave me a paper to call and have an ultrasound of my goiter and then go from there. Dr. Abraham continued to say that most goiters rarely lead to cancer but if that was the case it is localized and does not leave the surrounding area. Therefore cancer is not as detrimental as one might think. I was good with that also!

I left feeling good. I really was pleased with my experience. I do not like going to the Dr.s at all. I even called them this morning before my appointment to cancel! I felt convicted and decided it would not be very responsible to cancel for no reason but a good reason!

THE RUN:
Treadmill Run. It was raining pretty hard by the time I was able to go out.
At the gym "Jeff" was there running the vacuum. He is the man that manages the gym a couple days a week. He is an older man who is a runner himself. He came over to me as I was on the DREADMILL, and wanted the scoop on the Boston Marathon. He talked to me 40 minutes on the DREADMILL helping me to pass time.
When he went back to work I was at 5.3 miles. I was only going to do 5 but I felt pretty good so I thought I would kick it up a notch and finish strong and hard. I set my speed at 8.5 and finished at a 9.2 the last 2/10 of the mile. I felt so good. My legs felt strong, My arms were mechanic like. I could feel the sweat multiply, my shirt absorbing the moisture and my eyes stinging from the sweat dripping inward. When you finish running going beyond your destination and exceeding YOUR expectations there is nothing like it. You feel powerful and capable. You feel like you are a conqueror , an achiever. You want to bottle this abundance of emotion up and share it with others. You want others to know that this super hero feeling is for everyone.
All you have to do is "Never, Never, Never Give up."! Believe In Yourself and your Capabilities. See yourself WITH the prize then make it happen. Stop making excuses. You do not like listening to them so why do you think others want to hear them! Pray..Let God know your dreams. He wants them for you too!

Anita





 


No comments:

Post a Comment