"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Finishing with BOOM BOOM BOOM.. Gods sense of Humor

My Dreaded run is ignited by a series of questions. My Dread was birthed by questions like, " What is my IT Band begins to give me trouble?",  " My bad knee has been sore the last couple weeks I wonder if it will give me problems?, " I hope I can find a route that will not have to many hills."  and "I think that my cold is going to my chest, I hope I will be ok.". These are just a few of the thoughts that run through my head. But I knew I just had to DO IT.
Gods promises far out number my insecurities and fears. I saturate my mind with these promises to overtake my fears and insecurities.
  • He gives strength to the weary Isa 40:29
  • He will keep me from harm Psalm 121:7-8
  • He provides me with tools and instruction Psalms 32:8
  • He restores my health and heals my wounds Jere 30:17
  • He wants me to have an abundant life John 10-10
I stuck to the plan. To a tee. I was parked at Dunhams since that is where I bought my "Chomps" and took that last bathroom stop. 
Smiling with confidence I put my ear buds in and headed to Silver Lake Rd and beyond! I had no idea where to go but I knew this..NO HILLS. I don;t know Fenton well enough to map out a hill-less route.  But I had an hour and a half to find one. I was meeting my partner at Tim Hortons at 12:30. 
Lo and behold I found North Road, straight, smooth and simple. 
Then at mile 8 I heard it, Unfamiliar yet intriquing..."BOOM BOOM BOOM"!! What was this jazzy little tune that had come through my ear buds? The more I listened the more I giggled. I could not hear all the words but I was falling in love with the catchy little blues beat. I loved this deep voice and its rhythmical chime. I enjoyed it so much I listened to it AGAIN. Now even the words were putting a hop in my step. 
"Boom boom boom boom
I'm gonna shoot you right down,
right offa your feet
Take you home with me,
put you in my house
Boom boom boom boom
A-haw haw haw haw
Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm"
I was unfamiliar to where this song came from or who purchased it. It was not even my genre of music. BUT I liked it, It made me smile and laugh.
I made it through and dropped off my partner with 5 miles to go to reach my 20..and I miscalculated, somewhat deliberately and was now looking at my Ford 500 meters away..and then..."BOOM BOOM BOOM"!!!  I embraced that little dittty with the same smile and chuckle as I had almost 2 hours prior. "You Knocks me out right offa my feet..". 
Tell me God does not have a sense of HUMOR!! Who would have thought 22 miles could be soo stinking fun!!
For all those that remembered me in prayer..I am so grateful!! Thank you, Thank you~ This was the Best long run I have EVER had!
I wanted to share this with you, I hope you find a smile as I did~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOyj4ciJk34

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment