"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, March 14, 2011

My Mt Everest..

Today I got up like any other day. Same routines.
After I got the kids off I start adding my day up..It was a pretty long list so I knew I had better get this running thing out of the way first.
Today was gonna be an easy 5 miler day. No pain.. simple treadmill work out.
I get to the gym, roll the IT band, do my stretches and head towards the MACHINE...ugh.
I set my incline at .5 and get my earbuds in and my NIKE plus activated and hit the speed..
WOW..my heart is already exhausted and I havent even gone anywhere.
My feet feel like 5 gallon buckets and my heart is darting all over the place.
"Really...Really Anita..."
And so the voices begin..
"Maybe I should not be doing this.."
"Maybe I should just do part of the miles..."
"Oh my goodness this is aweful..."
" I feel like I am climbing stinking Mt Everest..How am I gonna finish a meazly 5 miles?"

I begin to go back through my morning trying to take my mind off the monotony of the treadmill churning when I realize something....
As I read and prayed today I prayed for God to help me with my heart and emotions..I forgot to ask him for my physical strength..You see I needed him to REALLY help me with  in my heart and my head this morning. 
All the while I forgot to ask him for my running. (While many might seem it is silly to ask God to help you with your dreams I do not. I believe he wants us to have life and have it abundantly.)
Soo here I am climbing Mt Everest and not getting anywhere fast unless you can count moving quickly into the land of DOUBT!And I began to think...We all have our mountains to climb.
Whether it is a mountain of emotions we have to move up and over or it is a mountain of endurance and athleticism we have to climb. Or maybe it is a mountain we have to get over financially or health wise.
We all have mountains to climb and no matter how terrible it feels in the beginning we just move forward one step at a time. Do not quit. Do not give in. Just keep running....


Anita





 

No comments:

Post a Comment