"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, March 26, 2011

By the Hair of my chinny chin chin!

By the hair of my chinny chin chin I got that last MILE IN!!.It is 10 pm at night and all I had to do to get my goal of 45 miles the week was run 1 MILE. But that last mile has haunted me for the last two days! It has  polluted my thoughts, and hijacked my sleep.

Sunday 20.01
Monday 5.02
Wednesday10.08
Thursday 9.25
Weekly total..44.36
Weekly Goal..45miles
The mantra that runs through my head.
"The only one you are cheating is YOURSELF, Anita"
"It is only 1 mile..8 minutes..You can't find 8 min."
"Just Do IT"
But I just couldn't do it. Seriously could not stay up later and do it, and could not wake up earlier to just do it. What is wrong with me. It is called Burn out! I think anyway! I am tired of the cold, the wind, and the ice. It is harder to dig deep on days when there is no sunshine and it is freezing. I want so bad to just do it. I even begged my husband to make me get up and  run. But he didn't.
I am the one that ultimately has to do it.
It is MY goal, MY challenge, MY race to run. Right down to that last mile. It is mine. I have to own it. I have to live with it. I have to be dedicated to myself. It haunted me for 2 days. It sat in my head whispering to me morning noon and night. Convicting me. Be true to yourself. Do not cheat yourself. You can do it, SO DO IT.
So maybe it was 10pm at night and I had to run on a squeaky treadmill in a freezing cold basement, But I DID it.
Whatever your goal is, Big or small, One step at a time do not give up. We  set goals to accomplish. We set goals to better ourselves, We set goals to challenge ourselves..Meet those challenges and accomplish great things bettering ourselves all along the way!

Proverbs 27:1" Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth"
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment