"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Two is better than one,

I was secretly anxious to visit the 18 mile destination to somewhere. Today was going to be a Long RUN. A long and lonely one a assumed. I had been feeling better than  I had in the past few weeks. Other than being behind the gun a bit on my milage I was looking forward to stepping outside and testing my injury. 
Where would the pain rear its ugly face? Mile 3, Mile 7 Mile 13?
There were MANY options on a 18 mile run.
I had just finished my book "BORN to RUN by Christopher McDougall and I was feeling pretty inspired. Not to mention that the sermon Pastor Jim had spoken really seemed to have been tagged for me. But as if that was not enough to fuel this almost 3 hour run, physically my nagging IT band injury seemed to vaporize the last week.
At this point I was just preparing myself for a lonesome 18 miler, when I got a message..."Anita, when are you running today?"
" whoop whoop..I have me a partner for an hour of my run and right in the middle where I needed her most!! Could this get any better? We would meet at my 9 mile mark and run to 16.
Those miles are the ones that get in my head.. Those are the ones I want to  physically disintegrate..Those are the ones I feel weak..But God Gave me a gift.. GAL 6:2 Bear ye one anothers burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ."
 How did 18 miles go...Amazing...Simply Amazing...No Pain. 9.09 min miles on average...Did I mention NO PAIN?? And great fellowship with a dear friend to share Pastor Jim's  Message ABOUT ME!!
Entitled.." Blessings after the Pain"
http://www.hisriver.net/sermons/index.php?function=view&id=2810Above is the link to see the four points..all of which I have personally witnessed and today with my partner was able to even fulfill.

Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment