"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Friday, March 18, 2011

My miles covered...Items lost...

I end my running week on Saturday. But I rarely run on Friday or Saturday. I like to keep track of my miles.

**Rule of thumb when increasing your miles is to  run  no more than 10% per week. So if you are running ten miles a week then you can add 1 mile.
So for this past week my schedule went as follows.
Sun 18 miles..Slow and steady
Mon 5miles Tempo
Wed Clint Verran PT 4 miles on anti gravity treadmill at 85% Body weight & 6miles outside=10miles
Thursday 4 miles treadmill slow and steady 4 miles Road Race= 8miles total.
Total Weekly miles=41
 Going to have to kick it up a notch next week..Soo feel free to remember me in your prayers. I am so  grateful for the entire week pain free. This is the first solid week of no pain. It makes a girl smile. It was a great week.
BUT...as good as my week was I had a set back. I had a huge bummer. I am going to grieve over this one for a while. I got a text message from my husband saying " I am soo sorry, I will get you another one" and there was a picture. It took me a a second to make out what it was and when I did I stared in unbelief. In shock, I thought I was gonna vomit right there...MY GARMIN...chewed to mulch. It was my boxer, Sheba's 8 hour chew toy. I am heart broken. After 2 plane tickets and hotel rooms and taking time off work for Boston I am not sure how he is going to get me another Garmin. They are not like any watches, They are like the Mercedes of running watches. Ugh..I am just sick over it. For me my Garmin is just one of those tools of the trade, right next to my shoes and my prayers. So I guess I am grateful to have my shoes now I am going to pray a little harder for a way to purchase another Garmin!


Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment