"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Beginnings..1st race of the season

Whether it is a new year, a new season or a new start...We make it our "New beginnings." Today, St Patricks Day marked the New racing season for me. It is the first race I do of the new year.
This year it was bittersweet. I am a pretty traditional person. I have ran this race..The Pot O Gold in Flint Michigan for 3 years now...WITH my husband. This year he met me there but did not get to race with me. As hard as it was on me..It was soo much harder for him. What marked my new beginning to my races also was a reminder for him his grief. His loss. He tore his Achilles tendon 6 months ago.
But beginnings are your choice. Beginnings can be anything you want you just have to START. We often wait for an event or a season or a date to start a beginning. Just as I marked this Race as my beginning. But what do you want for a beginning?
What Beginning do you want? What new start do you want? Any day can be a new start..and anything can be your goal. You just have to DO IT.
This race was not one that I was going to get a PR but it was my start. I didn't have to start out like an Olympian I just had to start.
Results 2011 Pot O Gold 
2nd in age group 29:28 pace 7:22

Anita








                               

  

No comments:

Post a Comment