Here are my TOP TEN FAVORITES!
- Grandma Murdocks Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter & Honey Sandwhich on Whole Grain Bread
- Juice Plus. I take Vitamins and Protein Powder
- Oikos GREEK Yogurt
- Cottage Cheese
- Fruit..ALL fruit
- Salad...ALL salads
- Lifeway Kefir Probiotic
- Leftovers Trail Mix
- Grandma Murdocks Oatmeal. That would be my Grandma, My hero. She used to make me eat this Oatmeal and she put all this WEIRD stuff in it. As a kid I thought it was weird but it tasted good and I now make it in rememberance of her..BTW..She lived to be 99..thats another post!
- Juice Plus..IS NOT A SUPPLEMENT..ALL fruit and vegetable. It has a nutrition guide not a Supplement guide! Big Difference. I double up on these on long runs for recovery.
- Greek Yogurt has more than 2 times the amont of protien, Needed for healing and recovery.
- Cottage cheese goes great with everything..Instead of sour cream on a baked potato, with pineapple or mandarin oranges, it is a quick tasty way to get protein and keep the fat down.
- Spinach-NOT JUST FOR POPEYE! I sneak it in everywhere! Cold salads, Pasta Salads,Omelets, Meatloaf, Mostacholi, Spaghetti, Burgers, you name it!
- Left Overs Trail mix. This is how I empty the left over cereal boxes! Kids always seem to leave a 1/4 cup of whatever in the container. So for cereal I make use of it. I put whatever cereal (favorites, Special K, Honey Nut Cheerios, Kashi), Nuts, Raisins, Cherries, or Cranberries, Dates, and whatever else might fit in the mix that is in the pantry!..Kids love this too!
All this talk of food, Now I think I want a little snacky snack..