"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Leashed..

On my way home today I got stopped by a train. When it finally passed something struck my eye. It was a little boy pulling his puppy on a homemade leash. The puppy full of energy wanted to go every which way but the way his young master wanted him to. Not sure why that vision was so intriguing to me.
But it makes me think...
Oh how we are like that puppy. We have all the energy to do all kinds of things but what we should be. We fight like that little puppy doing the things we know that we have to do. Pain and discipline are two things that we respond to. That leash represents a tool to help discipline and drive us. I am leashed by my Goals and by my Dreams. I know the path it takes but I do not always want to follow. Sometimes that path leads to pain and disappointment . Maybe my goals are harder than I thought, or more tiresome and haunting, Then like that puppy I  really have to be disciplined and obedient to the journey the path is leading. It is taking me in a direction that I may not want to go or maybe there are short cuts that I think may be better...Easier...
Everyday is a new day, Just get up and try again. But like that little puppy I am reminded to move forward, against the grain, across obstacles, just letting my focus be doing the right thing. Because that is what will bring greatness in all arenas of our lives.When we are disciplined and committed we will have days when we want to fight it but in the end it will produce strength and perseverance.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment