"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hello Dread I beleive we have met..

Are there appointments in your life that you just dread? Things you have to do and can not put off or postpone? Are there things you know are beneficial but yet you are dreading. I have my fare share of these when it comes to life on life's terms. But today it is "The Long Run".  3 Hours plus of running. And as great as you feel when you have accomplished your "Dread" it is still like an "UGH" in your belly. 
"Dread" is introduced more when unprepared. I will head out about 11 today.After doubling up on my vitamins, rolling my IT Band, stretching, praying, eating well and hydrating. It is suposed to be 44degrees. But not by 11. So I will have to layer. I will have to leave a little early to get some power gel, pack my water with Chia, gum, charged Ipod, chapstick and off.

I am meeting my partner at 12:30. So I will get to meet her when I am falling apart. Support. "Dread" is best attacked with support. Someone who encourages, motivates and can help carry you through the end.
As nervous as I get about this run, I know that it is almost all mental. So why do I worry myself into such anxiety?  I know that I can do it. It is crazy the things we KNOW. Yet engage in thoughts that are birthed from fear.  Wish me luck...I will check back in this evening and let you know..
Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?

Anita

1 comment:

  1. You have no choice but to do awesome...it is all you know...victory!
    Signed,
    Your Biggest Fan.....

    ReplyDelete