"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olymipic Participants from Michigan

I heard my phone going off at 5:30 am. I knew right away that it was "Heidi" confirming our run this morning.
I ran the half mile to the local grocery store to meet her at 6:30am. I was dragging this morning. Those bike miles with Austin really put me in the hurt locker. I was trying to convince my legs to get a move on! To just move! I had high expectations from my body considering I had not given my body any coffee to motivate my lower extremities.
When "Heidi" smiles it is like the sunshine coming through the clouds. She has a smile that is contagious.
I took her down some back roads that I know.  "Heidi" is a lot like me and gets a bit nervous going down the dirt roads alone. But together we had a refreshing run underneath the shaded trees. There were no deer flies attacking us and the air was crisp and cool.
We have not ran together in weeks, actually months! There was so much to catch up on. We ran at a nice easy conversational pace. But the hour of running was hardly enough to catch up on everything.
RUNDOWN:
Time: 1:05
Distance: 7:23
Pace:8:55
********************
2012 London OLYMPICS
July 27-August 12
There are 11 participants from MICHIGAN joining the 519 other members of the USA team:
  • Betsey Armstrong-Ann Arbor Water Polo Goal keeper
  • Tia Brooks-Grand Rapids-Track and Field Shot Put
  • Desiree Davilla- Rochester Hills-Track and Field Marathon
  • Geena Gall- Grand Blanc - Track and Field 800m
  • Tom Peszek- Farmington Hills- Rowing Men's Eight 
  • Nathan Ritzenhein- Rockford-  Track and Field 10,000m
  • Claressa Shields- Flint- Boxing Welterweight
  • Daryl Szarenski- Saginaw- Shooting 10m Air Pistol
  • Jordyn Weider- DeWitt- Gymnastics Artistic
  • Peter Vanderkaay- Rochester- Swimming 400m free
  • Allison Schmitt- Canton-Swimming 400m free, 200m free, 400m free relay, 800m free relay
 Desiree Davilla- Favored for the Marathon. Injured: Hip Flex or. She hadn't as of last week even put any weight on her legs because of injury hoping for the best.
 According to Hansons Brooks Original Distance Facebook page: "Sorry for the misunderstanding earlier. Desi was frustrated with the fact that she is a long way from 100% both fitness wise and health. She had decided that it was probably best to pull out of the Marathon. After discussing her options with the Olympic coaches and medical staff, they convinced her that she deserves the entire experience and that means giving herself every chance to make it to the starting line."

 "An Olympic medal won't define my whole life, although it might look like it to onlookers. When I look back, I should have been able to get an Olympic medal."  Paula Radcliffe

Check out this video. So Inspiring!

Anita 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment