"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Keep it Simple Thursday

I arrived at the park and ride to meet Katie for our Thursday run and waited and waited. This is not like Katie, Katie is always on time, actually early!
After texting her a few times I decided to head to Indian Springs solo. As I was heading to the Metropark "Katie" texts me and I call her to calm her down. She is so upset, she had over slept her alarm.

8 miles with out a partner or an Ipod. I kept it simple and smooth. My knee was giving me a little problem. It was my left knee that I have had the 2 surgeries on. I felt weak on it and at times heard my feet  shuffling. It is so irratating when your body does not want to cooperate.
I got pretty comfortable hearing my breath and listening to my shoes tred through the woods. As I got into my groove I I heard the cracing of branching and got startled. As I looked to my left there she stood. Majestic and strong. She did not look startled or shaken by my presence. The large doe shared eye contact till I passed her.
RUNDOWN:
PACE:8:22
TIME:1.07
DISTANCE:8.01

"Katie" called me after my run still feeling terrible. I invited her to meet "Sarah" and I at Independence Oaks for my second run.
I went from a solo Run to a threesome. You get 3 girls together it is amazing how fast 4 miles go by! I am not sure what was running more our lips or our legs! Whichever it was we were having fun!
RUNDOWN:
PACE:8:54
TIME:38min
DISTANCE:4.32

  • Good Day overall. Enjoyed the company of "Ally" today.
  • Took Alec, my 9 year old garage hopping!
  • Great to see "Jessica" come out to Families United By Faith our support group for families who have loved ones that struggle with addiction. 
  • And last but definetly not least, enjoyed Andy and Alec and putting a puzzle together after my meeting and closing the night sitting down to watch "Expendables with Austin. 
It was a good day overall.  Even if I had to ice my poor knee.

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment