"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday In a Nutshell

I was really excited to get up and go running this morning. More than normal. I am so blessed with Incredible friends. Remember the gal that I met at the beach with the boys a few weeks ago???
In case you do not know. Took the boys to a new beach at the last minute. As the boys played in the water I propped myself on my chair hiding my body underneath a wide rimmed sun hat and a over-sized pair of sunglasses. I also hid my body behind a "Runners World" magazine and settled into my "nothing box". It is a very empty beach so I felt well hidden in my bikini. And just as I got settled I heard a voice "Hello, Are you Austins mother?"  I was mortified as I covered up my skin with my paper products.  She was one of the local churches Pastors WIFES! AHHH!!
But here is the beauty in her response. She did not judge me. She did not make any comments about my immodesty something that I would expect and have gotten from us "Churchy Folks." Rather she just wanted to know me. Little ole imperfect me. I knew I like her from the minute I spoke to her.
I REALLY fell in love with her when I found out she was a RUNNER!!

Well today "Courtney" and I got to run together.  It was a glorious day. A beautiful morning. And her company made it even better. We ran very well together. Chatting and laughing and having a little devotional on the pavement.
If you want to be a better person than hang with Greatness. People you see qualities you would like to grow closer to. I look at the people God has put in my path just from my running partners and am soo totally blessed. I have NOT sought these people out. God truly has put them in my path. From "Heidi" to "Danielle" to "Katie", "Sarah" and now "Courtney".
I am so humbled and honored to give God the Glory. He continues to bless me with beautiful people.
"We entertain Angels unaware."
Today I asked myself after running 6 miles with "Courtney" "Why Me, God?"
"Why have you given me yet ANOTHER incredible person."
There are days when I have tear stained cheeks filled with insecurity and emptiness. There are days when I want to hide from people afraid to be hurt again.
There are days I want to hide from myself because I struggle with my heart issues.
But not many.
But those days can handicap you in a blink. They can put you in the pit and make you feel hopeless.
BUT....
Then I am often reminded I have these awesome people around me. People that love me for little OLE ME with all my craziness, all my weirdness, all my hang ups. I just don't get it. But I am going to embrace it!! I am not going to return these gifts.


After our 7 am run, I was rushing home for a day at the ZOO!
I had made the boys a Scavenger hunt with prize $ for each "Picture" they took. They had 10 pictures to take with different exhibits and riddles.  
Example " You must get a picture with all your family in front of this popular fountain, And ask a stranger to take it."
It really was a ploy to have fun and get good photos with the boys because they hate taking pictures! And it worked!!
Well I am wiped. We ate dinner at 8pm! Thats when Andy got home from work today, 13 hour day.

Good Night all.
What angels has God put in your path? Do you have special people in your life that make you a better person?
Or are you like me where sometimes you are afraid of people? Afraid they are judging you, afraid they are making fun of you?
Hurting People Hurt People. Healing people help people.

RUNDOWN
Distance:6:01
Pace:8:45
Time:53

Anita

1 comment:

  1. you are a blessing to me and i am so glad to have met you. thanks for so many kind words. You are a sister in Christ, it is one great family. cant wait to run with you again! God bless, courntey

    ReplyDelete