"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Confusion in Forgivenss.

 You can out-distance that which is running after you, but not what is running inside you.  ~Rwandan Proverb


You have to believe in yourself and your abilities.
You have to strive for not just good but greatness.
Never accept mediocrity.
Family Birthday. Cousins.
Do not settle, or get sucked into "just OK".

I have been concerned about not being able to run my 15 miles today.
I am nervous about running another marathon. But I know I can do it..It is just gonna take training, pain, and discipline. I could run the half marathon and do what I always do... doing what I am comfortable doing... Do what I am familiar with  doing...
OR..I can challenge myself, step out of my comfort zone, go Big and dig deep.

 "Heidi" text me this morning to join me on part of my running adventure. But our schedules were not matching and I was very disappointed I did not have her company for part of my run.  I love running with her.

I laced up my new Brooks shoes wondering if I was going to regret putting this many miles on them so new. I was concerned I may end up with some nasty blisters.
I was pretty pumped though because Andy surprised me and bought me a new Ipod. But it needed to be charged and my playlist needed to be downloaded.
I decided to do a "there and back" times two. This way I could trade the Iphone for the Ipod and stop home and get water.

My first 5 miles I fell right into a groove with no knee pain. It was 71 degrees and the stars were aligned for a perfect run.
I headed back towards home for my Ipod trade and a bathroom break.
As I ran into the house I kept moving. Quickly dropping into the bathroom, running upstairs to get IPOD, running back down stairs to get my water and without much thought like a obstacle course lining back up to the road for another 5 miles.

My second "there and back"  I wanted to go on the road where I was going to see Andy. We had a family birthday party to go to and Andy left without me. You have to take training serious. I am already behind in in my training and today's run was my catch up. You hope people will be understanding. Most of the time you can bend your runs but you sometimes have to juggle things and pray no one gets upset.

Sure enough as I got to mile 2 on my second leg of my run  (which was really mile12)I felt cold water spraying all over me. I look to my right and there Andy passed me showering me with a water bottle.  And just like that he was gone. As quick as he came and went, he left me with more than wet shorts, he also showered me with a smile and some emotional support that encouraged me to the rest of my run.

As I drew near to my 15 mile marker I assessed my body. Wow, no knee pain, hips feel strong, legs feel solid, my mind was steady and clear, and my feet....FELT exceptional! I am LOVING my BROOKS Glycerin! I could not get over how great, I felt especially my feet.

I just want to say again..I did it. I ramped up those mile to 15 and I am so excited. Cautious, but stoked. I feel so Grateful. Thank You knees, thank you mind, thank you feet, and THANK YOU GOD! GRATEFUL.

****
 Colossians 3:23
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” 

Our Sermon today was on FORGIVENESS.  Boy, do I have a Masters in Forgiveness.
Father who was never around.
Mother who sold me out for a case of beer.
Uncles that beat the crap out of you for looking at them.
Grandma that let us go into foster homes.
And that does not even count marriage and children! 
I have forgiven all of them. I love all of them. I have held NO GRUDGES. 

But this sermon today... I have one thorn in my side. I take it to the cross almost daily. I tearfully ask God to help me. I know I have forgiven this person yet I just have the hardest time forgetting. I could forget if the person changed towards me. But they are still so bitter. They have done some hurtful things to me and my family. 
I want to do the right thing. I just get so confused on what the right thing is. Doing the right thing is always hard when you have so many different forks in the road. It is always important to do the right thing no matter how many people are doing the wrong. It is the narrow path. The road less traveled. Often times with me the right thing has lead me back down the highway of hurt again. You turn the other cheek, you forgive seventy times seven and BAM..they do it all over again to you. 
I keep waiting for GOD to send me an email that is very detailed and direct. It hasn't came. Even in the Sermon there was one thing he said in the middle of all the forgivness talk. "You have to forget everything when you forgive, but you do not have to hang out with that person." 
I thought is that me? Was that God speaking directly to me? 
Doing the RIGHT thing is about taking ownership. Doing the Right thing takes courage and humility. Doing the Right thing takes direction and wisdom.
I just want to do the right thing....All the time. The best way to influence someone is with honesty, integrity, and doing the right thing. 

  Don't try to be different.  Just be good.  To be good is different enough.  ~Arthur Freed


LOL...This is what we do for fun..Austin with his cousin Brian. They saw this on UTUBE!  This is the first time they tried this! Crazy Boys.  

RUNDOWN:
Distance:15.1
Time:2.12
Pace:8:43
Ramping up your miles can lead to injury. You have to know your body, and be disciplined enough to slow down and change the game plan a little bit. Stretch, roll, ice and eat a diet filled with fruits, vegtables and protien to heal and help your body recover. Drink plenty of water after your run it helps your body recover also. 
I made a iced protien chocolate  latte.
  • 16 ounces lowfat milk
  • 2 scoops JUICE PLUS COMPLETE 
  • 1 tablespoon Hersheys Chocolate syrup 
  • 1 Starbucks Via instant coffee packet
Stir, add ice and and a straw and enjoy!

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment