"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Keep it simple Thursday..Yeah right

I lost a running day. I probably walked more than I would have ran, I know I was on my feet a WHOLE lot more than running. I spent the day at Cedar Point with 140 kids and leaders. I love Ceder Point! I love higher, faster  and steeper. I love that blood pumping through my veins! But I lost a running day.
I lost more than that. I lost time, sleep and energy.
We got home from Cedar Point at almost 1am. We were chasing "Phantom Kids". The 3 buses left us looking for 2 kids. I have been doing this long enough that I knew that we were on a wild goose chase.  But you still have to take the necessary precautions to be safe.

6am came all to soon, and so did 7 and so did 8am!! I crawled out of bed at 9! I lost 3 hours. I could have totally used those 3 hours. There was just not enough time in the day. I was running around the house more than running outside today. Washing floors, dishes, laundry and just the regular house maintenance.
And my least favorite..grocery shopping. I think it is ridiculous.
You put the groceries into the cart.
You take the groceries out of the cart to put on the belt to pay for them.
You put the groceries BACK into the cart to take to the car.
You take them BACK out of the cart to put in the car.
Only to take the groceries BACK out of the car to put away!

I somehow squeezed a run in that mess. It looked like rain out but the only option was to run and run in the rain if need be. I asked the boys to go with me to run at the track. I wanted to do a little bit of track work and run back home. They actually agreed and took their bikes with me.
I did  a total of 7 miles, a little over 5 miles running and the rest I ran 200m repeats. UGH..I hate repeats.

Speedwork is the best and fastest way to improve but it is also the fastest way to get injured!
220 Yards (200 meters or 1/2 lap)
To train for short distances (5K and under) and to sharpen speed.
440 yards (400 meters or 1 lap)
To improve aerobic conditioning at slower paces and to improve speed in the last stages of preparation for short races (5K and under).
880 yards (800 meters or 2 laps)
To train for distances 10K and under for speed. For distances above 10K the distance helps sharpen your sense of pace and improve aerobic conditioning.
Mile (1600 meters or 4 laps)
To develop ability to hold onto a strong pace for significant distances, particularly for those training for longer races (10K and up, including the marathon).

"The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit."



 Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment