"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Your Story of Overcoming...

That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.
Abraham Lincoln
 
 
 

Today Pastor Jim's sermon was called "Being an Overcomer or an Under Achiever."
He shares a story of a boy who overcame and became a Olympian, for running.
 
 
"RUNNER", I am totally engaged. As I doodled, my mind pulls in different ideas. I begin sketching the words OVERCOMER.
 
We do not all have a Story that makes the headlines. Many of our stories we couldn't find enough adjectives to describe ourselves enough to keep our grandma awake.
 
 
Who are you inviting in your head?
 
You listen to the voices you choose to entertain. We allow the voices to pen our story.
That's who you are. That's what you become. That's what drives you and that's what directs you.
 
I AM a OVERCOMER. Not because I have this amazing story. Not because I am Great. Not because of any other reason except that I Choose not to live a life of mediocrity.
 
If you do not feel like you are an Overcomer then you should listen to the thoughts that you entertain.
 
Are you chilling with pointless chatter? Chatter that leads you No Where?
 
"It's Sunday, sleep in Anita."
"No, GET up, make a cup of coffee and pick up the house."
"Your head hurts, the bed is warm, it's early, stay in bed."
"Coffee sounds good, it is quiet, I can get my bible out and finish reading Job."
"UGH, Job is BORING, skip it, go back to sleep for 20 more minutes."
 
UP, UP, UP. The counters were wiped down, laundry was started, the family room was picked up from the kids, coffee made, 2 chapters of Job read and it was barely 8am.
It was going to be a good day. I was geeked I got out of bed and got so much accomplished.
 
My sinuses are a mess. I have been battling a head ache for a few days. Today, was the worst.
Overcoming physical symptoms are even more difficult.
Pain doesn't whisper it screams.
 
The clock was ticking and more obstacles were being presented. Getting to the gym was becoming more of a challenge than I expected.
The voices sounded like this.
 "I just don't feel like doing anything."
"Shut up and Run."
"I am freezing, I am tired and my head hurts."
"Ok, you will feel better once you get out there."
"Crap, I forgot my watch, I don't want to go on the treadmill and I don't want to count my laps."
"Anita, it doesn't matter how fast, how many miles, just get started and quit making excuses."
 
We all have a story. We create our story. Greatness doesn't come while we are sitting on the couch or under the covers. We all are capable of OVERCOMING. As long as we have voices in our heads we have things to OVERCOME.
No man can walk out on his own Story!
 
 
How to Become a Overcomer.
 
  1. Set GOALS: I asked people on my Facebook page "Running Against the Odds" to list something that they were doing NEW for 2014. "Stephanie" signed up for her FIRST Half Marathon. I was so inspired by her enthusiasm and courage.
  2. See Yourself at the FINISH. Chase down the Victory you envisioned for yourself.
  3. Don't Settle, Yes, it is going be hard, yes you might trip it up, BUT GET BACK UP and keep moving, that's why its called OVERCOMING!
  4. Overcoming doesn't have to be a magazine cover, some times we first have to overcome small obstacles before we can OVERCOME big dreams. Overcoming fear, confrontation, forgiveness, past failures, bad habits, etc.. help prepare us for larger dreams that God has planned for us.
  5. Be Inspired, Be Positive. You are what you think. Surround yourself with people that encourage you, believe in you and are a positive influence in your life.
As I was finishing running my 7 miler, on the track, I felt simply amazing. A slender brunette startled me, as she spoke to me on my left. It was Jen. She was in my running group that I coached. "What pace are you running at? I have been trying to catch up to you." She said with a great smile.
We chatted for a couple seconds and she headed off the track.
When I finished, I headed to the Cold Plunge to Ice my legs for 15 minutes. Jen was blow drying her hair in the locker room by my locker. "Anita, Do you feel soo good after running?"
 
YES! I FELT SOO GOOD. My head still hurt, but I FELT SO GOOD. I felt great knowing I Overcame the voices that were telling me not to start. The voices that contained drama. The voices that gabbed confusion. The voices that wanted to defeat me, disable me and make me a under achiever not a OVERCOMER.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MUSCLE MILK REVIEW:


 
I MADE MY SON A PROTIEN DRINK WHEN WE GOT HOME FROM THE GYM. I WAS COURIOUS TO TRY IT. JUICE PLUS COMPLETE IS MY FAVORITE PROTIEN POWDER.
THE VANILLA POWDER SMELLED YUMMY AND THE CONSTISTENCY WAS VERY FINE. I MIXED IT WITH 2% ORGANIC MILK, 1/2 A BANANA 1/2 A CUP OF ICE CUBES.
I LOVED IT!
IT NOT ONLY WASNT CHALKY, IT ASLO HAD NO AFTER TASTE!
  • Gluten free
  • 15g protein
  • 14 carbs
  • Organic cane and stevia
  • 2.5 total fat
  • 140 sodium
  • Cholesterol 15mg
 
 
 
"DAWN"..To the Gal who worked on my moms teeth. Thank YOU for the KIND words. Never quit. Keep it going sister! I have racked my mind trying to figure out who you are, Thank YOU for reading and saying such nice things. If you could PM me on my Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram I would like to send you a Thank You Gift!
 
Anita
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment