Today, at the gym I found myself laughing a lot.
- I laughed at the nail polish that was in the treadmill compartments. "Seriously? Nail Polish? I could see someone's snot rag, or lip balm, but nail polish??!!
- I laughed when Jeff showed up and I had someone to pick on. I think he tells me stories so I will make fun of him. He is like a comedy of errors. When I feel like I am the biggest klutz or mistake maker, I can think of Jeff and just start laughing at his out of the ball park stories.
- I laughed at Natalie from the gym. She was having a manic Monday. By the time she crossed my path the only vocabulary she was left with were 4 letter words . Not the ones you say at the dinner table. They were coming so frequently that I couldn't believe she was breathing through them. I was cracking up, I may have encouraged her language by my laughter.
- I found myself laughing at myself all afternoon. I forgot to bring a change of shoes to do my errands after the gym. All I had were these big old snow boots that are a size to big. When I walk the clunk and echo. It is a bit obnoxious and a major over kill for the weather we had today.
Jeff, just looking at how he is all contorted in The Cage, makes me giggle! Such a great coach to me though!
I try to encourage myself and suck it up. Embrace the SUCK. Today I pulled out one of my old Runners World magazines and this is what I found:
3 REBOUND RULES:
- Cross Train: If you are coming back form an injury, swap one for your typical weekly runs for a nonimpact workout (swim, spin, do yoga) to make sure your just healed muscles and joints aren't overworked.
- Stay Present: Don't panic if the start of your run doesn't go well. Relax your shoulders breathe deeply, and think of the next mile as a brand new opportunity.
- Bounce back: Fall short of a race goal? Analyze what went wrong and sign up for an event where you can apply lessons learned.
GAC. Treadmill. 6 miles.
Did a little of this and that on the machine. Rolled and stretched double time. Upper Body. Cold Plunge, Hot tub and Sauna, I traded in my shower for the last two!
MY ALPHABET FUN: Each post I will post the word for the day that coincides with that letter.
ANGELS: "We entertain Angels Unaware.."
Thankful for those Angels out there that protect and direct.