"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sometimes we just want to be BAD

C- is the letter: Christ, Cross Country, Coaching, Crazy, Cook

  • Christ: "Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world." HE comes first. I have to keep my running in CHECK. And not let my running COMPROMISE my relationship with HIM. Because He gives me strength, He gives me COURAGE, He gives me healing, He sets my path and in ALL things I want to honor HIM. This world wants to take the CREDIT for themselves, I am humbled by who I am and reminded that HE gets the Glory for everything. I am a nothing, He is my everything.
  • Cross Country: I LOVE this sport. My heart skips a beat just thinking about it!! Watching my boys run fills my eyes with water works. To watch runners push their bodies to the brink sets me in awe.
  • Coaching: I am unskilled and uneducated but I love to CHEER runners on. I love to give my experience, my support  and encourage others to victory!
  • Crazy: If I had a dime for every time I have someone call me this I would seriously be able to afford everything I want at Lululemon!
    I am going to CAMP with a bunch of teens this weekend, the other leaders asked me to take a selfie of me being excited..this is one of my crazy faces!
  • Cook: My maiden name
SOMETIMES WE JUST WANT TO BE BAD!
Being bad feels so good...for a moment, until the dust settles.

I was talking to someone yesterday. I was trying to teach her to do the "Right thing" even if it feels wrong.

The track this morning was "colder than a witches tit in a cast iron bra" as they say. I was planning on running 7 miles. My body was planning on going back to bed.
I kept my sweatshirt on as I ran my warm up mile. I hadn't warmed up yet, of course I was running at a turtles pace with no chance to get the blood flowing. Keeping my layer on I thought I would do another warm up mile. I just didn't feel like being good. I didn't feel like excelling. I wanted to be bad.
Until I was passed by 3 guys. Rather then getting discouraged I embraced the challenge. I picked up my speed, closed the gap, quit whining, and just RAN! Being passed actually motivated me to try harder.
Rather get discouraged I felt inspired.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 7 miles
Time: 59 minutes.

Anita




No comments:

Post a Comment