"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, January 26, 2015

I= INSECURITY

Todays Letter is "I"
 
Insecurity
"I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, 'My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill.' We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it."
 Kobe Bryant
 IPOD: I NEED MUSIC!!
ICE:
 
 
Indian Springs: Favorite place to run
 
 
 
INSECURITY- The voices in your head that say you are not good enough, strong enough, pretty enough, capable of, acceptable.... The clatter in your mind that screams at you, confuses you, dismembers you and often derails your.
Sometimes it whispers, sometimes it is like white noise that never stops nagging and other times it is loud and proud.
 
When it comes to training, many of us struggle just going to a gym. We walk in and think we are out of our league. We watch other people training and find ourselves comparing.
 
Insecurity is dangerous. It hates to see you victorious. It likes you less than mediocre. Insecure is a sheep in wolves clothes.
I find myself entertain conversations with this evil. I respond, I try to argue my way out, I know that the words are all wrong but I bite. Then I chew. Then I swallow. It is harder to recover from a mouthful of Insecurity than it is to Overcome the lies that it feeds me.
 
Why do we let the LIES over power the TRUTH.
Only to the lies then become our TRUTH.
 
We don't set goals.
We quit trying to reach our goals.
We change our plans and often find ourselves bowing out, never really coming near the mark.
 
Because we listen to the corrupt talk.
 
So many of my runs are challenged by the voices. I hate that I talk back to them. It truly is psychotic.
But Overcoming them is IMPOWERING.
 
Take time to listen to yourself. Honestly LISTEN to yourself think, converse, respond to the voices in your head. The inner coach. We all have a Good Coach that wants us to have victory and the BAD Coach that coaches us to defeat.
The Good Coach is going to give you great and mighty things, but you are going to work for it. That is why we always listen to the Bad Coach. The Bad Coach lets you carouse through life with little effort. Just passing time. Not a lot of sacrifice, pain or disappointment. You might get discouraged with yourself but he makes you accept it and move on to Blahh.
 
I was talking to someone today who has been listening to the Bad Coach.
"Anita, I hate reading you posts on Facebook, everything always seems so happy." She then continues. "..But I know you have been through some terrible things, you have some great experiences, I have no experiences..."
I love this person dearly. She told me that she realized I have had it hard. I don't talk about everything on my Facebook or even in my blog. She had created the world I live in according to her. I then challenged her to walk in my shoes, sharing some VERY private moments, some horrible hurt that I struggle with. She lovingly replied. "I never thought about that, That is not at all what I thought happened..." This is what happens when we compare ourselves to others. We listen to lies, create scenarios, and then isolate. We hurt others and we hurt ourselves in the process, living a life of defeat and negativity.
 
With great experience comes great pain, sacrifice and overcoming.
 
Ephesians 6:10-20                     
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
 
Christ is my Great Coach. Often times people think that a smile all I have. Or people who smile do not have a worry in the world. Like I told this person. My life is NOT a bed of roses. I try very HARD to be transparent with out being creepy.
My Security comes from Christ. Its Ok what people think of me, believe about me.
 
Every time you overcome another obstacle life challenges you with, you will find yourself becoming more and more secure.
Every time you overcome fear and go out in faith, you will find yourself becoming more and more secure.
Every time you do the right thing in the wrong situation you will find yourself becoming more and more secure.
Every time you quit sitting at the table with Insecurity you will find yourself more secure in who you were designed to be.
 
 
The Rundown:
Distance: TM- 5 miles
15 minutes of legs.
 
 
Congrats to RACHEL D for winning the CONTEST!!
ANITA
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment