"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Relate Don't Compare

Galatians 6:4 - But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

We line up at the starting line checking everyone out.
"Hmm, they look about my age..."
"Nice, that guy must be fast, he is running without a shirt on and its only 9 degrees out, Whatever!"
"Oh No, ____________ is running this race, there goes my medal, I will never be that fast"

Or when we go to the gym....
"WOW, I will never look like that, they came out of the womb with barbells!"
"I wish I could run like her, Yeah Well, she has probably never had the issues I have."
" I will never be as fast as them...."

BLAH BLAH BLAH...

We do it in our training and we do it in our life.

In Life we say things like:
"Yeah well, that's fine but I did this..."
"I wish I could do that, however, I can't because...."

Most of the time people do not even listen to you because they are bringing themselves into your story. Before you ever speak they start comparing themselves to what you are going to say.

We have all been guilty of it at one point or another.

This week it was directed at me.

Run Your Own Race.

  • Keep your eyes focused on YOUR training, in life and in running. You will either never match up to those you are Comparing yourself with OR you will become judgmental setting a bar and wondering why everyone isn't like you or living life the way you do.  
  • Mind your own business. Don't you have enough to worry about in your own world? I know I do. I can barely manage my little world, If I try to manage yours, both of our worlds are going to be a hot mess.
  • Edify don't Satisfy. Rather than saying something stupid that satisfies you or your insecurities, get in the habit of encouraging that other person. Maybe it is just in your own head, but quickly put the negative flame out before it becomes a raging fire.

RUNDOWN:
I saw Old Jeff at the gym today.  We did legs on the machines today. He made fun of me because I went running on the track and skipped the evils of spin class.
Time: 30 minutes.
Distance: APRX 3 miles, I didn't keep track on the Track. And it was great!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment